Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv on stand by

(Topic created on: 18-10-2022 11:52 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , when I turn off my tv I turn it off at the wall also , it could be turned off a few times a day at the wall , is it better to leave the tv on stand by rather than keep turning it off ?? Also do you leave it on stand by all the time or just during the day when it's not in use ? Thanks 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
It won't do any harm turning it off at the wall. You may miss over the air firmware updates if you do that with a newer TV which is still supported by those. However, they can be applied via USB thumb stick anyway so if you're after saving power go for it and switch off at the wall. If you use Freeview, don't forget to retune when instructed to do so by TV channel provider messages or your local printed TV guide.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Edgie70  yes I agree, should be fine turning off at the wall a few times daily though I tend to just do that during the night.  only an issue if constantly plugging/unplugging as would put strain on transformer. Some information here https://www.bluecinetech.co.uk/should-you-leave-the-tv-on-standby/ 

I leave my Sky Box plugged in at night due to Housekeeping , it is on a Eco Standby Mode though.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks James , good read that ! Decided to keep it on standby all day instead of switching off at the wall when not in use and only switch off at the wall at night , thanks