Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV not working after software update

(Topic created on: 18-08-2017 06:35 PM)
lukehurst1991
Journeyman
Options

My Samsung model UE50MU6100K won't turn on anymore after the software update that came yesterday.

I've spoken to the call centre and they said it's been escalated but I want to know what has actually happened? Can this even be fixed by another software update like I keep being told?

185 REPLIES 185
McDragon
Explorer
Options

I also heard the firmare has to be flashed and reloaded giving you a fresh software install however Samsung is not letting the customer to get their hands on the firmware image.

I don't think you should be paying for the engineer. I am having a Samsung engineer coming this Wednesday. Fingers crossed the TV can be fixed.

0 Likes
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

Got my TV back yesterday, set it up this morning and watching the F1, only niggle so far is the channels for terrestrial TV not right. Seem to be in wrong order. ie QVC is channel 1, think this the country set up is Ireland. Need to change it, think the only way is to reset factory settings. But happy with everything else.

First thing I did was turn off Automatic Updates. 😁

MikeEvo
jw24
Journeyman
Options

@MikeEvo wrote:

Got my TV back yesterday, set it up this morning and watching the F1, only niggle so far is the channels for terrestrial TV not right. Seem to be in wrong order. ie QVC is channel 1, think this the country set up is Ireland. Need to change it, think the only way is to reset factory settings. But happy with everything else.

First thing I did was turn off Automatic Updates. 😁

I think that's the first thing I will be doing too! Did you have to send your TV away then? Seems like some people are having their sets taken away and some are having them repaired at home.

Would anyone from Samsung be able to comment on whether we can do the FW update ourselves, and if not, why not?

0 Likes
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options
It had to go away, the USB they came out with didn't work, I wasn't home to get full details of what they did in the end.
MikeEvo
0 Likes
RyanM
Pathfinder
Options

Great to hear @MikeEvo thank you for confirming!

Just checking in, to see if everyone has been contacted? We've also posted the best way to proceed at this point. 

We're continuing to pass questions and comments to the engineers as well. 

Thank you all.

Ryan 

0 Likes
jw24
Journeyman
Options

@RyanM wrote:

Great to hear @MikeEvo thank you for confirming!

Just checking in, to see if everyone has been contacted? We've also posted the best way to proceed at this point. 

We're continuing to pass questions and comments to the engineers as well. 

Thank you all.

Ryan 

@RyanM I have not yet been contacted, however the retailer has offered to replace the set so I don't really need contacting. Regardless, will Samsung tell us how the engineers are getting the TV's to boot from the USB to load the new firmware?

Thanks

0 Likes
FKD4GOT
Apprentice
Options

Hi Ryan,

I have the same problem with UE49MU6470U; fortunately it only started sometime around midday today. I'll contact the number listed tomorrow, and hope someone can be sent out asap to rectify the issue. I'll certainly keep you (and all interested parties here) informed should I incur any further disappointment but thought it was worth mentioning my experience / unit model in this thread.

Regards,

FKD4GOT 

0 Likes
RyanM
Pathfinder
Options

@jw24 Sorry to hear you're having to go through this process. Our engineers are arranging visits to install the new firmware through a USB stick. Rather than replacing the full TV set, this could be an option as well? Give the AV Support Team a call if you want to discuss that further.

@FKD4GOT Appreciate the feedback, and apologies it's happened. The AV Support Team will be happy to book a visit and get the firmware installed ASAP. Thank you for sharing and feel free to keep us all posted!

Ryan

0 Likes
judiec
First Poster
Options

hi no I have not been contacted

0 Likes
matrix7764
Apprentice
Options

tv been knackered for 3 weeks now only had it 5 weeks.. I have repeated myself  many times to support and it's frustrating.

Remote not working as cannot control volume , Netflix stuck bbc iPlayer won't start settings reset themselves, tv randomly switches off, tv wont update with samsung supplied usb or over air...update fail. I have to reset the tv to get anything to work.  It's an mu6400 49 in.

I must of spoke to 10 people at samsung and have used remote management with them but call back and no-one seems to have a record of my previous contact. 

0 Likes