Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV not working after software update

(Topic created on: 19-02-2018 08:08 AM)
lukehurst1991
Journeyman
Options

My Samsung model UE50MU6100K won't turn on anymore after the software update that came yesterday.

I've spoken to the call centre and they said it's been escalated but I want to know what has actually happened? Can this even be fixed by another software update like I keep being told?

185 REPLIES 185
raulpacheco
Journeyman
Options

Samsung support is useless as they were not able to fix my issue either. My tv won't turn on after I perform the software update. Good luck

0 Likes
raulpacheco
Journeyman
Options

@SamsungTVUser wrote:

Yep same for me.

The retailer will not refund unless Samsung state that the TV is beyond repair and Samsung wont do this.

So its catch 22.

Absolute shambles of a company. Has this hit the mainstream media yet?

Is class action lawsuit agains samsung faulty software update in the horizon? 

JamesBrown
First Poster
Options

My QLED - QE55Q8CAMT Has the same issue?

The One Connect Box keeps getting really Hot? 

I have not spoken to anyone yet, but I will be tomorrow......

ViciousWasp
Journeyman
Options

EDIT: Solved.

Though it was not 100% sure that the issue was with the main board, I detached the back panel - opened the TV, took pictures from the boards and decided to replace the main board (ASSY PCB MAIN; H6 - BN94-07592F). Sent the picture with the SN of the main board to the official Samsung service center. Service center wanted 50 for some diagnostics, i decided to pass that and took the risk of getting a replacement throught them for the board for 130 euros. Replaced the board and everything works again.

idkaffah
First Poster
Options

Have the same issue with my UE49MU7070, been told a future update will sort the problem,  anyone experienced this ?

0 Likes
Smintelious
First Poster
Options

Hi,

A bit late to the party, but I thought I'd bricked my old faithful UE40D5520 yesterday. On a whim I decided to upgrade my firmware for a fresh, new futuristic experience. Instead, it got stuck in a boot loop repeatedly showing the startup screen just as the OP described.

Luckily, I found how to do a factory reset on a couple of other forums.

This worked for me- I turned it on, waited till the Samsung SMART TV screen appeared, then pressed:

MUTE 2 5 8 EXIT buttons (in sequence) on the remote.

It did nothing for at least a minute or two, then it said it was Upgrading and I had my TV back working again!

I also found this possible key combination on another site:

On the remote, press Mute followed by 1, 8, 2, Power in sequence.

Might need a different combination for your model, but worth trying it.  A lot cheaper than a new TV!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Smintelious  Glad it is sorted, sometimes resets/reboots solve the issue.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ViciousWasp wrote:

EDIT: Solved.

Though it was not 100% sure that the issue was with the main board, I detached the back panel - opened the TV, took pictures from the boards and decided to replace the main board (ASSY PCB MAIN; H6 - BN94-07592F). Sent the picture with the SN of the main board to the official Samsung service center. Service center wanted 50 for some diagnostics, i decided to pass that and took the risk of getting a replacement throught them for the board for 130 euros. Replaced the board and everything works again.

@ViciousWasp  At times you do  need to make a judgement on best course of action.  Whilst generally getting diagnostics first is advisable good that the new Board has solved your problem.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
TJ7
First Poster
Options

Hi I got same issue .I updated some updates my tv once it went off its not turning on and the red power  light is blinking .I tried all the tricks which  available on youtube and google but no luck.My tv model is La40c650l1m.Please let me know if there is anyway to make it work again 🥺.Thanks

0 Likes
Alex-0001
Apprentice
Options

I had the same issue with my UN40EH5300G, after the upgrade bar reach 100% the TV turned off and never turned on again.

Seems that it's is a failure at Samsung system, how it could happen with most of us, the engineering team didn't see this error. Amazing, Samsung was considered a very good company on the past.

0 Likes