Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV not working after software update

(Topic created on: 16-12-2017 08:36 AM)
lukehurst1991
Journeyman
Options

My Samsung model UE50MU6100K won't turn on anymore after the software update that came yesterday.

I've spoken to the call centre and they said it's been escalated but I want to know what has actually happened? Can this even be fixed by another software update like I keep being told?

185 REPLIES 185
Banjofred
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone update me on thi s issue. ju6800 tv has gone into continuous update loop, it already has update 1510 and the tv says no new update appl;icable but it keeps saying on screen it is updating, it sometimes restarts, non of th ehdmi connections are working so no sky, the terrestial works a few minutes then th eupdate starts again

nightmare.  i have tried reset etc etc etc etc

Banjofred
Apprentice
Options

help me ryan tv kaput

0 Likes
Banjofred
Apprentice
Options

Ryan that was all in August. its october now my ue60ju6800 is totalled by this loopong softwate prtoblem

help

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Banjofred.

Assuming you've tried all of the basic stuff (like unplugging and leaving it for a while), then it'd be best to get in touch with the TV Support team (on 0330 726 7864 if you're in the UK;  0818 717 100 if you're in Ireland) so that they can go through some expert and more in-depth troubleshooting with you and advise you of appropriate next steps.

(I've also edited your email address out of your post above so that you don't get hit by spammers etc.)

ViciousWasp
Journeyman
Options

Same problem with UE55H6700SL starting from yesterday, not sure if because of the software update. After powering on the TV, splash screen is displayed, red power on button flashes 4? times and nothing happens. Cannot power of by remote, only by unplugging. TV seems to be responding to remote since red power light is flashing when pushing buttons.

Have tried different remote control combinations suggested. Also tried the 4 hour on, 30s power out of the socet, power on combination - no use. Tried the latest firmware update from the USB as well but tv does not seem to boot from the USB stick. Cannot find more useful information from Youtube, no service manual - nothing.

Are any Samsung technicians reading this forum? Have talked to some friends who also have had constant similar problems with their smartTV-s. Will this be the norm in the future that such kind of updates will be released which render the TV useless. Why not offer the world-wide english speaking community some useful information in order to fix their TV-s? Let community provide some input to develop your product.

0 Likes
Banjofred
Apprentice
Options

Samsung were not a lot of help, prmising replie sin 48 hrs etc etc.

I found mountains of stuff on the internbet about Samsungs failure on thse updates, which Brick the TV

I went to Richer Sounds, who as usual were excellent.  They sent a man out (3rd party engineer, who asked th esual questions and when told how many hours i had spent trying eveyr option concluded the set was bricked and needed a complelty new main circuit board.

as the set is so big they did not  want to move it but were geared up for that. When the part arrived after a few days, two men arrived wityh a big frame to hold the tv upside down.  they took off the back and fitted the new board, tested it and all has been well since.

Wasted as lot of time wiht Samsungs have you tried this hacve you done that, you are the only one who has reported this problem (HA -  its WORLDWIDE).

Will I buy from Richer Sounds agian - ABSOLUTELY I ALWASY GO THERE!!!!

will i buy anothe rSamsung??   dont think  so.

I suggest you stop trying to fix the problem yourself. You cant, the software update bricked the Tvs, its as simple as that

. it cant be undone.  You have six years under EU law to claim refund or replacement. I find if you stay polite but get increasingly nasty it helps.  I dont know what deale ryou used but go to them as they are first responsible party.

Fred

ViciousWasp
Journeyman
Options

Same problem with UE55H6700SL starting from yesterday, not sure if because of the software update. After powering on the TV, splash screen is displayed, red power on button flashes 4? times and nothing happens. Cannot power of by remote, only by unplugging. TV seems to be responding to remote since red power light is flashing when pushing buttons.

Have tried different remote control combinations suggested. Also tried the 4 hour on, 30s power out of the socet, power on combination - no use. Tried the latest firmware update from the USB as well but tv does not seem to boot from the USB stick. Cannot find more useful information from Youtube, no service manual - nothing.

Are any Samsung technicians reading this forum? Have talked to some friends who also have had constant similar problems with their smartTV-s. Will this be the norm in the future that such kind of updates will be released which render the TV useless. Why not offer the world-wide english speaking community some useful information in order to fix their TV-s? Why not provide such components and info on them that they are more accessible. Let community provide some input to develop your product.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Certainly must have beem concerning for MU owners with some havoc created by that software upgrade, seems as if the issue is largely resolved, in terms of future releases. I have a MU6400 but was only purchased at the end of November and has been fine.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
heythere
First Poster
Options
guys!!! i had the same problem. I disconnected the power cord from the tv for ten seconds and then plugged it back in. after this the tv turned on and everything worked perfectly. please try this!!! good luck guys!
raulpacheco
Journeyman
Options

I performed a software update on my Smasung television and now it won't turn on. I contacted Samsung support several times and followed their instructions with out a positive outcome. Samsung suport recommendation is to get a service technician to fix it but want me to pay for the repair. Since the software udate caused the issue Samsung should pay for the repair. I even suggested that they send me a new panel board and I would pay for a technicain to replace it. Samsung refused.

Samsung should come up with a fix to their software update. 

0 Likes