Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV not working after software update

(Topic created on: 12-09-2017 04:27 PM)
lukehurst1991
Journeyman
Options

My Samsung model UE50MU6100K won't turn on anymore after the software update that came yesterday.

I've spoken to the call centre and they said it's been escalated but I want to know what has actually happened? Can this even be fixed by another software update like I keep being told?

185 REPLIES 185
pianotuner0
First Poster
Options

Just an update chatted online 3 times and finally today 5th September they said they would send an tv repair person ..asked me what day .i said friday 8th.....they were here in an hour and fixed it in 20 mins...lets hope it doesnt go wrong again..so moral of the story.....ASK FOR AN REPAIR PERSON.....GOOD LUCK ALL

0 Likes
PaulD1
First Poster
Options

Hi All,  the new update issued today seems to work.  I just received a call from somebody in customer services who said the new update works and to retry.  Within 30 seconds everything was back to normal.  Just made a refreshing change for somebody to call me who actually knew what they were talking about.   For the first time I also didn't have to justify that the remote control batteries had run dry. 😡😡 I hope the rest of you have the same food fortune getting your TVs up and running.  

0 Likes
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

Turned off Automatic updates but had a message asking if I wanted to install update ( ver 1141.0 ) anybody loaded it yet ? Also can't find any information on what the update is actually for, which I find annoying, anybody know ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
0 Likes
George2015
First Poster
Options

I had my tv fixed by an engineer last week and everything was fine a day later i updated again to the new version OTA and fingers crossed all still working fine 

0 Likes
George2015
First Poster
Options

@George2015 wrote:

I had my tv fixed by an engineer last week and everything was fine a day later i updated again to the new version OTA and fingers crossed all still working fine editingas my tv has now some how gone back to version 1138 this morning what's going on with this tv? And apparently no updates available I feel there's another problem coming my way

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @George2015.

The problematic update rollout was stopped and pulled from availability; and I've been assured that the issue was then fully identified and won't happen in future updates.

Any problems on your TV as of yet?

0 Likes
George2015
First Poster
Options

@AntS wrote:

Hi @George2015.

The problematic update rollout was stopped and pulled from availability; and I've been assured that the issue was then fully identified and won't happen in future updates.

Any problems on your TV as of yet?

Hi thanks for the reply Ants I'm getting drops in sound volume now and tben but nothing major I'm just wondering how this has happened to my tv and wether there's a reason why it won't update any further than version 1138 now

0 Likes
McDragon
Explorer
Options

TV back from the support contractor GoggleBox. 2.5 weeks without a TV.

They told me the motherboard didn't have to be changed anyway on the end but they did manage to re-flash an even newer software.Its currently on version 1139.170819

George2015
First Poster
Options

@McDragon wrote:

TV back from the support contractor GoggleBox. 2.5 weeks without a TV.

They told me the motherboard didn't have to be changed anyway on the end but they did manage to re-flash an even newer software.Its currently on version 1139.170819

I think that's the version the engineer updated my tv to when they called out however I'm back to version 1138 somehow strange but true

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@George2015 wrote:

Hi thanks for the reply Ants I'm getting drops in sound volume now and tben but nothing major I'm just wondering how this has happened to my tv and wether there's a reason why it won't update any further than version 1138 now

No worries @George2015.

Definitely odd that. Are you able to update to version 1141.0 (available in the Downloads here) using the USB method?

0 Likes