Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV not working after software update

(Topic created on: 02-09-2017 03:41 PM)
lukehurst1991
Journeyman
Options

My Samsung model UE50MU6100K won't turn on anymore after the software update that came yesterday.

I've spoken to the call centre and they said it's been escalated but I want to know what has actually happened? Can this even be fixed by another software update like I keep being told?

185 REPLIES 185
Steve189
First Poster
Options
Had the same problem with my UE49MU6670 service engineer had to come and reinstall all software. All sorted now
0 Likes
pianotuner0
First Poster
Options
i have a similar problem which first happened on friday 2nd september i have spoken and chatted on line... its now saturday 2nd september and they they have said that my problem has now been escalated but i suspect this to people off..spoken to curry knowhow who had more info than the manufacturers !!!....i now have to leave my tv on for 4 hours AGAIN... this did nothing last time.......at least i have my reliable panasonic....may have to call out engineer to put software in...bloomin computers.!!!!
0 Likes
alwyn
First Poster
Options

mike

Same problem...had to replace the tv at best buy..I only had the set for 20days when the set stuck on one channel. The Geek Squad could not get in either..Said firmware/software issue..Had to send back to factory for memory clear and reset..All brands of smart tv,s have incountered simular issue when apps or manufacture do update due to the many different tv componants manufactured by different companies . The update codes are sometimes incompatable with some of the different part manufacters.

al

0 Likes
PaulD1
First Poster
Options

I called the Samsung team a couple of weeks ago about this issue only to be advised they are working on the problem and they would contact soon.  Like many others mentioned on here the customer service has been poor and this thread has been my only source on a potential solution.

Tried the 4 hour update 3 times now with no joy.....what do I need to do to get an engineer to visit?  Model is UE40MU6100 and it was purchased only two months ago.

0 Likes
JamesRogers
Explorer
Options

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/samsung-self-driving-cars-california-permit-grants-s...

Scariest thing ive read in a while.... think i'll start taking the tube to work!

Hope you are all getting closer to fixing your devices. 

0 Likes
RahulKumar
First Poster
Options

Its completely ridiculous that Samsung can have software/firmware updates being installed, which has caused televisions to stop working. Aren't these software tested before they are rolled out? The customer support is apalling and unhelpful. It seems that these are people sitting in an office in the far east and reading solutions off a computer screen. Samsung has lost its reputation with their phones, applainces like wahing machines and now televisions

I will never buy a samsung product again as they are a complete waste of time

McDragon
Explorer
Options

Hi Paul

I have the same model and it completely bricked. You need them to get an engineer in. Mine is hopefully coming in today to fix the problem.

The OTA update didn't do anything as I suspected would be the case as I doubt the internal network system and the update software is even functional considering I am not able to turn the TV on.

0 Likes
PaulD1
First Poster
Options

How did you get on Mcdragon?  I'm just on the line to their support team.  Such a painful and drawn out conversation but at least they are sending an engineer now.  

0 Likes
McDragon
Explorer
Options

Hi

Work in progress. The OTA update didn't work and I am not surprised as it deed look that the core firmware was corrupt so no network connections or updater.

Then things progressed yesterday when two engineers from GoggleBox (the contracters covering the south West) came and unable to instal the firmware. They basically put a USB stick with the firmware on the upper most USB slot and then proceeded to enter a key sequence from the remote. Tried several times and they were not successful.

So they took it away saying the motherboard will likely be changed. Received a call not long ago when the said the same and arranged a delivery of the TV next Tuesday. Hopefully that is it. By then it would have been 19 days without a functioning TV.

Martin

0 Likes
McDragon
Explorer
Options
Mine also needs a new motherboard. Bought in June 2017
0 Likes