Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV not working after software update

(Topic created on: 28-08-2017 11:07 AM)
lukehurst1991
Journeyman
Options

My Samsung model UE50MU6100K won't turn on anymore after the software update that came yesterday.

I've spoken to the call centre and they said it's been escalated but I want to know what has actually happened? Can this even be fixed by another software update like I keep being told?

185 REPLIES 185
matrix7764
Apprentice
Options
Supposedly someone at level 2 will contact me today. Let's see what can be sorted.
0 Likes
jw24
Journeyman
Options

@matrix7764 wrote:
Supposedly someone at level 2 will contact me today. Let's see what can be sorted.

See if they can / will tell you the procedure for booting from USB. 

0 Likes
micmuc71
Apprentice
Options
I am having the same issue with my H6270 Serie 6
UE48H6270SSXZG ...
matrix7764
Apprentice
Options

10 to 20 min they said.. .It's been nearly 2 hours now waiting for a call. 

0 Likes
jpks1985
Apprentice
Options
Same issue since Sunday 20th August.

Model number UE40EH5300KXXU.

Customer service have denied that these models have been effected. Moderator - can you have an engineer contact me and arrange to fix my TV.
0 Likes
jw24
Journeyman
Options

@matrix7764 wrote:

10 to 20 min they said.. .It's been nearly 2 hours now waiting for a call. 

Not cool. I may call up and try and get through to L2. Did you specifically ask to speak to them? I just got offered a date for an engineer when I called up. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@jpks1985 wrote:
Same issue since Sunday 20th August.

Model number UE40EH5300KXXU.

Customer service have denied that these models have been effected. Moderator - can you have an engineer contact me and arrange to fix my TV.

Hi @jpks1985.

The recent update issue will not have affected models outside of the M/Q series - and the symptoms you're experiencing may be a result of another cause. If you've had your TV for over the year's standard warranty then you'd need to get in touch with your nearest TV & AV Support Centre to arrange an engineer.

If you've had it for under a year, can you PM me your contact details and the serial number of the TV, and I'll be able to arrange a call to you from our TV Support team to take you through the appropriate next steps for getting it sorted out under the warranty.

0 Likes
jpks1985
Apprentice
Options
I see the denial is still there despite other UE model owners reporting issues.

Consumer advice bureau has been contacted.

You can send an engineer or you can wait for this to be escalated. Your call.
0 Likes
matrix7764
Apprentice
Options
Update..an engineer is being sent out by Samsung next week to look at my tv. Hopefully they will see I'm not exaggerating my claims. At last.
0 Likes
micmuc71
Apprentice
Options
Does SAMSUNG perhaps conceal the problem with UE users?
0 Likes