Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV not working after software update

(Topic created on: 25-08-2017 10:48 AM)
lukehurst1991
Journeyman
Options

My Samsung model UE50MU6100K won't turn on anymore after the software update that came yesterday.

I've spoken to the call centre and they said it's been escalated but I want to know what has actually happened? Can this even be fixed by another software update like I keep being told?

185 REPLIES 185
JonatanSchmidt
First Poster
Options

I have been a Samsung user for more than 6 Years. 

Most products in my household have been made by Samsung and I am a happy user of the quality that Samsung provides with their products.

1 Month ago I bought a brand new TV 55" Curved 4K and believed it was better than any device I ever had.

Last Thursday night all went wrong and Samsung made a massive mistake which not only affected me but thousends of households.

Especially in a rainy country and during the Holiday period people want to watch a movie or two but its not an option.

My expectation to Samsung is to not only fix the issue and they have caused but to also compensate customers for the inconvenience which has been ongoing for more than a week already.

My loyalty to Samsungs upcoming product would depend on the form of Service and compensation we will receive in the upcoming days (propably weeks).

Don't give up on the product but tell the company your thoughts so that you can give them a chance to provide and proof their service qualities.

0 Likes
Dennymc123
Explorer
Options

I think we all felt the same way about the Samsung brand and that is why we bought their products.

I have also owned samsung products in the past and I purchased my 55" 4k tv to move into my first property with my girlfriend, we have spent a lot of money on making this place our home and the tv was one of the purchases I was most looking forward to using, we both have Samsung phones as well.

It was our first weekend together in our new home when the issue with the update occurred and now we have a second weekend to look forward to with no tv.

In a country where the weather for the bank holiday is usually poor I was looking forward to a weekend watching films and enjoying the 4k content I have paid for on Netflix, this won't happen as those lucky enough to have had engineers visit before the weekend have already stated that there is no fix without the sets being returned to a workshop.

We have all been contacting samsung to let them know how disappointed and let down we are but to no avail, they have stated that no compensation will be forthcoming and we have to wait for a fix.

I emailed the CEO of Samsung and although they offered to help with an engineer visit it has come at point where I have no faith left in the brand or the service they can provide. Now it would appear from posts on here that some of the older models are also being affected, after over a week with hardly any communication, loss of expense, little update and as of yet no official reason for the error or statement made, how can we possibly have faith left for this company.

0 Likes
SamsungTVUser
Journeyman
Options

I was repeatedly informed that any engineer that visited my home would be an employee of Samsung. This is not true it is a shoddy subcontractor.

I was informed I can have it fixed today (if I leave work and hang around at home all day) or Tuesday (if I stay at home and wait for them to arrive).

Upon my query regarding repairs not working I was abruptly informed that anyone who said that the fix did not work was a liar. They claimed to have already repaired a huge amount (not sure how in this timescale).

So my confidence is less than zero

0 Likes
JamesRogers
Explorer
Options

Calling your customers "Liars"

Nice work Samsung, re-writing the customer care manual 

Haha

Eu4
First Poster
Options

Hi all. I sympathise with you on this one, but think that given (probably a lot) of time it will be fixed. So try this one: I bought a 75 inch SUHD 6 months ago for 4300 Euros (!) It has barely been used and never cleaned or even touched. 3 months ago 5 or 6 foot long white lines appeared on the screen. No, not because of mis use or cleaning. After 2 months of fighting with Samsung customer service they finally sent someone to look at it. He pronounced that he'd never seen this before and it was definitely a duff TV and we should claim for a new one as it was not repairable. Guess what. Another month has gone and nothing from Samsung. What I have learned: Samsung customer service is outsourced to companies who have instructions not to give us reparation/repair/replacement. They will try to draw things out until you are off warranty. They are probably incentivised to make people just give up. Well guess what Samsung, I'm not giving up, and as a senior exec in the PR business I am coming after you in the media!

0 Likes
Lg71
Explorer
Options

I'm up to my eyes with work at the moment but am so seething that I had to pop on here briefly to vent... So, Samsung are claiming that those customers saying the fix isn't working are liars, eh? Not according to my experience. 

Right then, let's try something a bit different shall we? Could anyone who's had a successful repair carried out please post on here to let the rest of us know...

Also, according to the BBC 5Live interview last night, Samsung have issued an official statement regarding this whole fiasco. Could a Moderator please post a copy of that here as to my knowledge none of us 'plebs' (i.e. customers) have seen such a thing. 

0 Likes
SamsungTVUser
Journeyman
Options

I was the consumer voice on that programme.

I asked for the right to response and correct the comment from the "expert" re a statement but I was not given a chance to do so.

Samsung have told me that they cannot do weekend appointments  to fix the TV so they cannot come tomorrow (Saturday). They have stated that they can come on Sunday. Apparently they dont know Sunday is part of the weekend.

45 minutes and counting of wasted calls to this shambolic company today

Lg71
Explorer
Options
Good on you for taking part. But what a shambles re. the engineer visit.

There's another thread on here you might all be interested in - check out the latest post... https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Samsung-MU-Series-2017-Smart-TV-s-will-do-nothing...

And I should say that I can concur with this information re. the fix.
0 Likes
Trevnal
Journeyman
Options

Well the good news is I was to have an engineer out tomorrow morning, but instead he came out today, and has not long left with my TV updated and working at long last.
It is good my TV works now, but it is a real shame about the rubbish customer service that has been provided. I do hope others get their TV's sorted fast. Make sure everything is disconnected from your TV other than areal lead.
My Tv took nearly 15 minutes to update and then needed to be re-set up like a new TV, but otherwise it is now all good.

Well the good news is I was to have an engineer out tomorrow morning, but instead he came out today, and has not long left with my TV updated and working at long last.
It is good my TV works now, but it is a real shame about the rubbish cusomer service that has been provided.

I do hope others get their TV's sorted  fast. Make sure everything is disconected from your TV other than areal lead.
My Tv took nearly 15 minutes to update and then needed to be re-set up like a new TV, but other wise itis now all good.