Support

Open search

TV not working after software update

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Good evening everyone! My name is Ryan and I'm one of the Community Managers here. 

Thank you all for contributing to the thread, the Moderators have started to respond to everyone individually who's been affected. If we've missed you, please respond here so we can get in touch ASAP! 

Ryan 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi mate,

Ive not been contacted by any moderators? Will they be sending me an email? 

Thank you. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Ryan

I have not been contacted.

So how long will it take engineers to fix my TV?

Will they be able to fix it? Will the remedial action work?#

Are the company still sticking to the line that they will not be offering compensation for this mess?

Highlighted
Apprentice
Not been contacted
Highlighted
First Poster

Hi Ryan,

I've not been contacted

Highlighted
Explorer

I managed to get an engineer and he came out this evening, plugged a USB stick in, no joy, now TV has gone back to workshop to be looked at. No Idea how long it will be away. Hoping it won't get fixed so I can take it back to retailer. 

MikeEvo
Highlighted
Apprentice

Outstanding!

I hope that they cannot fix mine either

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi RyanM,

Is there actually a fix then?

Can you not just replace my TV with one that doesn't have this firmware update?

Highlighted
Apprentice

Great, fix doesn't work but does that really surprise me,no

I've spoken to the BBC and will be on 5Live tonight at 1045 to discuss the disgusting service we've recieved.

Highlighted
Explorer

Good on you, XXC! I too spoke to Mitch at 5Live today but sadly will be out later tonight so couldn't take part in the show. Anyway, to update you all, there is definite truth to the suggestion that the so-called 'fix' isn't actually working and therefore can't confidently be rolled-out by the repair engineers. 

What a shambles. 

Top Liked Authors