Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV not working after software update

(Topic created on: 24-08-2017 02:33 PM)
lukehurst1991
Journeyman
Options

My Samsung model UE50MU6100K won't turn on anymore after the software update that came yesterday.

I've spoken to the call centre and they said it's been escalated but I want to know what has actually happened? Can this even be fixed by another software update like I keep being told?

185 REPLIES 185
MikhailCompo
Apprentice
Options

Please name and shame retailers refusing to take back failed TVs. They are breaching their legal obligations under the Consumer Rights Act.

0 Likes
Lg71
Explorer
Options

Thanks for this information, Legal Aidy. I'm currently at the 'will I, won't I' stage of returning my TV but I have to say that my retailer 'Richer Sounds' in Glasgow have been incredibly helpful so I've nothing but praise for them...

The same DEFINITELY cannot be said for Samsung... Following on from my earlier post today, I've since been contacted to arrange an engineer visit. Well, what a revealing conversation THAT was! I'm working at the moment so short of time to detail all but suffice to say that the Service Manager I spoke to will be calling me back while he contacts Samsung to clarify what the hell's going on! (I should say that he was very helpful with what information her had) 

0 Likes
SamsungTVUser
Journeyman
Options

Appliance Elecronics are refusing

0 Likes
Mitch_Mansfield
First Poster
Options

Hi Luke. I'm a journalist at BBC Radio 5 live. We're looking into this issue. Could you please give me a call on 0161 335 6504? I hope to hear from you. Many thanks, Mitch  

0 Likes
Mitch_Mansfield
First Poster
Options
Hi there. I'm a journalist at BBC Radio 5 live. We're looking into this issue. Could you please give me a call on 0161 335 6504? I hope to hear from you. Many thanks, Mitch
0 Likes
Mitch_Mansfield
First Poster
Options
Hi Mike. I'm a journalist at BBC Radio 5 live. We're looking into this issue. Could you please give me a call on 0161 335 6504? I hope to hear from you. Many thanks, Mitch
0 Likes
Mitch_Mansfield
First Poster
Options
Hi XXC. I'm a journalist at BBC Radio 5 live. We're looking into this issue. Could you please give me a call on 0161 335 6504? I hope to hear from you. Many thanks, Mitch
0 Likes
Dennymc123
Explorer
Options

Absolutely spot on, well done guys, maybe this will help those who are past the point of returning their sets.

I am on my way to try and change mine now

0 Likes
SamsungTVUser
Journeyman
Options

Appliance electronics are simply refusing.

I purchase mine in mid May

0 Likes