Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV not working after software update

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 01:59 AM)
lukehurst1991
Journeyman
Options

My Samsung model UE50MU6100K won't turn on anymore after the software update that came yesterday.

I've spoken to the call centre and they said it's been escalated but I want to know what has actually happened? Can this even be fixed by another software update like I keep being told?

185 REPLIES 185
Alex-0001
Apprentice
Options

As you can see, the number of people with the same issue is very high, for sure Samsung team knows about the firmware upgrade risks, seems that they are just hidding it and pretending to be surprise when we call.

0 Likes
raulpacheco
Journeyman
Options

In my case I had a repair technician replace the power supply.  You should not pay more then $150 for parts and labor. Although it was Samsung's faulty firmware update it paid $0. I do not trust Samsung. And will never buy or recommend their products.  

raulpacheco
Journeyman
Options

Don’t perform a software update for your @SamsungUS tv it will damage the control board. I finally fixed mine at over $150 + inconvenience. @SamsungSupport.  My previous reply stated that it was the power supply. Correction it was the control board. Control boardControl board

9DCDC5A0-C67D-4DA9-B115-2B49681B7E8C.jpeg

Alex-0001
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the warning, but unfortunately I discovered it too late.

My hypothesis is that the new firmwares changes some of the internal voltages or signal frequencies of the mother boards, it causes several failures, as we can see here. Seems that thee engineering team didn't perceive this risk or the quality of the componets used by samsung is very poor.

Clearly it's a project failure. As soon as I repair my TV, my intention is to compare the old board with the new one, identifing the problems and share it at youtube as Samsung is not giving any clarification about it.

Let's see if I can help someone.

0 Likes
cecil12
First Poster
Options

As of this afternoon my samsung tv UE40F6400AKXXXU  , FHD 40 INCH LED  is crashing repeatedly whenever i try to access smarthub. I have done the usual steps including resetting , software is upto date, tv is fine , i can see all digital channels but the moment i even attempt to open smarthub the tv restarts . This is obviously a software fail . Are there any solutions?

0 Likes
cecil12
First Poster
Options

why is samsung not finding a solution to the issue? its almost as if we are being forced to buy a new tv !

0 Likes