Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Not turning on, red flashing light

(Topic created on: 23-12-2019 02:18 PM)
Stevie_UK
First Poster
Options

Hi I have a UE32M5620AK.  I have unplugged the TV, pressed the power for 10 seconds, plugged back in and still nothing. I have tried a different socket. Doing a search, this is a known fault on the boards of Samsung TVs.

This TV is less than two years old, but over a year old and I have been told by Samsung on Facebook that basically I am stuck with a faulty TV as they only supply a warrantee for 1 year!  Searing the internet, this seems to be a common and known fault.  The EU directive 1999/44/EC states so, 'A two-year guarantee applies for the sale of all consumer goods everywhere in the EU.  Also the UK Consumer Rights Act should protect against this, can someone please help as this is now becoming very frustrating.  I have another Samsung TV, over £1000, if this fails within 2 years I would be livid. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@Stevie_UK: I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue with your TV. It does sound like there is fault, however please be aware that Samsung offer an out of warranty repair service. With thin in mind, I recommend reaching out to one of our Support Centres to arrange for an engineer to inspect and repair the device. To find your nearest one, please check the following link, select 'TV & AV > Television' and enter your post code. As this is an out of warranty service, a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the service.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

0 Likes
Stevie_UK
First Poster
Options

That’s the annoying thing, less than two years in and I must pay to get a Samsung TV fixed.  What if this happened to the main expensive TV, that would be very annoying?  How come this is not covered by the EU Consumer Law or the UK Consumer Rights Act?  I would say a TV would be expected to last longer than 1 year 8 months, or would you disagree?  Would you be disappointed if your TV only managed 20 months, then you had to pay to get it fixed, truthfully?   

0 Likes
Stevie_UK
First Poster
Options

Hello??

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Stevie_UK ,

How come this is not covered by the EU Consumer Law or the UK Consumer Rights Act?  

Consumer legislation is between the buyer and seller rather than between the manufacturer and end-user. Which retailer did you buy the TV from?

0 Likes
Stevie_UK
First Poster
Options

Argos, but the other question which I would like answered was 'I would say a TV would be expected to last longer than 1 year 8 months, or would you disagree?  Would you be disappointed if your TV only managed 20 months, then you had to pay to get it fixed, truthfully?'

This is not just a matter of a 1 years warranty, its a matter of doing the right thing.  People work hard to pay for goods, and expect these good to work for a decent amount of time.  £260 plus, to some people, maybe peanuts to pay for a 32 inch TV, but to others its a lot to save.  For a TV only to work less that 2 years is an absolute disgrace, and to then be told to pay to get it fixed.....again, I ask if you personally would be happy to pay £260 plus for a TV to then fail within 2 years then have to pay again to have it fixed? 

I fully expect the question to be ignore, or I may be told that this is the Samsung policy, etc etc.

If I had not already just bought a 49 inch Samsung TV, I would now, 100%, decide to go elsewhere.  

0 Likes