Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV not Saving Sources or Smart Remote Settings

(Topic created on: 25-10-2017 05:14 PM)
caned_monkey
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have UE40MU6400 which is connected to a Sony Receiver and Raspberry Pi running Kodi, both are connected through HDMI. I have been through the smart remote set up on both and both work as expected but if either device is turned off and back on again, the TV doesnt recognise the device and set up needs to be done again.

It won't even remember the device type or keep it on the home screen. Every time they are turned off and back on again, the TV goes to Scanning for Devices and returns with unknown device.

I have tried updating the firmware but it says I'm already using the latest. What do I need to do?

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Randall365
First Poster
Options

Have you got it in "retail mode"? I'm no expert, but it sounds like that could be the cause. 

0 Likes
caned_monkey
First Poster
Options

No, I've already checked that, it's definitely in Home mode.

0 Likes
charlieIrons
Apprentice
Options

seen loss of sources or source name changes on power on/off bit random and annoying

UE55mu7070.

smart control used to change SKY HD channels on buttons or voice now has decided to switch to DTV if i ask for channels!!!

(after smart control stopped working at all for no reason until i powered off tv at wall.

0 Likes
kourosh
First Poster
Options

I have the very same problem, and cant sort it out!

Any new progress?

Cheers

0 Likes
caned_monkey
First Poster
Options

No, still not sorted. I Spent a torturous couple of hours chatting online with Samsung support where we went through multiple factory resets, connecting and reconnecting the devices and they couldn’t get them to work either. The answer I finally got was the my devices were not compatible with the TV which I find ridiculous.

I have a new Sony receiver so, no minor manufacturer and the TV has a source setting for home cinema equipment so, to tell me that it’s no compatible is a bit of a joke. Likewise with the raspberry pi, there are millions of them in circulation but apparently Samsung didn’t think to test them with their software. If I had known this, I wouldn’t have bought the television.

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@caned_monkey wrote:

No, still not sorted. I Spent a torturous couple of hours chatting online with Samsung support where we went through multiple factory resets, connecting and reconnecting the devices and they couldn’t get them to work either. The answer I finally got was the my devices were not compatible with the TV which I find ridiculous.

I have a new Sony receiver so, no minor manufacturer and the TV has a source setting for home cinema equipment so, to tell me that it’s no compatible is a bit of a joke. Likewise with the raspberry pi, there are millions of them in circulation but apparently Samsung didn’t think to test them with their software. If I had known this, I wouldn’t have bought the television.

Hi first thing it should work out of the box so report it as a fault to your retailer. If less than a 4 weeks old you can ask for a replacement or money refund. Samsung support sometimes are helpful but as you are seeing not always.

0 Likes
kourosh
First Poster
Options

Many thnaks!

0 Likes