Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV not picking 120 FPS in game mode

(Topic created on: 31-07-2022 11:39 PM)
AndyLuna
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

I recently bought a new Samsung TV to use with my X Box S series, however, when playing the game panel says that it is working at 60fps instead of 120fps.

The xBox is set up to work at 120 FPS with a resolution of 1080 p and the TV is suppose to support it, I went through the menu but I couldn't find any option to set the frame rate manually.

Does anyone has an idea on how to fix it?

Thanks

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Xbox and ps5 do not play every game at 120hz. For most games they are 60hz or below
0 Likes
AndyLuna
Journeyman
Options

Halo infinite does support 120Hz

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@AndyLuna: For Halo Infinite, you will need to enable 120hz mode via the Video tab in the game's settings menu. I'd always advise checking out the in game Video settings when you launch a game on your Series S, as some advanced features are not enabled by default (this was true of ray tracing in RE Village). Some games will also have settings that prioritise frame rate over resolution, which is typically called Performance Mode. 

0 Likes
AndyLuna
Journeyman
Options
The game is set up at 120HZ and 1080p
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
So it says. VRR does not work in halo infinate even though its enabled. If VRR is not working it won't be running at 120fps even if its enabled. Your just going to have to wait for a game update to fix it. Its a game bug not a TV bug. Does your screen support VRR? If so that's why. VRR hasn't worked in Halo Infinite since launch. Even though it says it is enabled.
0 Likes
AndyLuna
Journeyman
Options
The game supports 120Hz and the TV too. The game panel that opens up on the TV when turning the console on says: VRR on, HDR on but the FPS is 60
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Did you fully read my comment..VRR is broken on the game. It does not work even when the games states VRR is enabled. https://www.purexbox.com/news/2022/05/digital-foundry-looks-at-halo-infinites-ongoing-issues
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@AndyLuna: Please can you confirm the model number of the TV for me? If you recently purchased the TV, and you had played Halo Infinite on your previous set, try pressing the menu button on the games thumbnail while on the Xbox dashboard, select 'Quit', then relaunch the game. If you were using Quick Resume, then the game may still be running under the specs of the previous set, which may be why 120hz isn't working. Depending on the set, make sure you're connected to HDMI 4, and that 'Allow 120hz' is enabled in the Xbox Video settings. If you tap the middle button of your smart remote while the game is running, then it should reflect the refresh rate in the top right corner. 

0 Likes
AndyLuna
Journeyman
Options
The model number is UE43AU9007KXXU . The game is set at 120Hz , I just restarted it but the game panel on the TV still says 60 Hz. The console is plugged on the HDMI 2(eARC), I only got 3 ports
0 Likes