Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Model - QE55S95BATXXU - Green dot issue - no fix ... what now?

(Topic created on: 24-01-2023 02:36 PM)
DC1971
First Poster
Options

So - delivered new in Sept '22. It was unboxed, plugged in and has sat on the stand since.

Before Christmas my wife and I noticed a green dot had appeared top left of the screen. Not really noticeable watching normal telly but we have the radio playing through it during the day and early evening and the background for Classic is Black so it's really visible.

Contacted the retailer who told me to contact Samsung as well within warranty (it actually has 5 yr warranty - registered). Contacted Samsung and they talked me through various steps, power off, reset factory settings, ensure most up to date software etc and nothing changed. They then booked a repair through an authorised service engineer who contacted me prior to attending and told me that the issue could not be fixed, that it's a software issue that Samsung are aware of and that they wouldn't be coming out.

Now Samsung are telling me that I have to approach the retailer again and a replacement would be "at their discretion".

Can someone please explain to me where this is an acceptable outcome - surely the steps should be an apology and a replacement from the manufacturer...?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Same TV as mine, whom di d you purchase it from and how (credit card) ?
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
DC1971
First Poster
Options

It was a warranty replacement via Retracare, via RGB Ilford.

0 Likes