Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV model not recognised

(Topic created on: 12-06-2020 12:57 AM)
ukuser
First Poster
Options
My TV will not connect to wifi, so I have reset and am now trying to update via USB as cannot update on TV without internet (also tried wifi direct to no avail).

I have tried to track down the software recquired for my update but my TV model number isn't being recognised anywhere I try!

The TV is a SMART TV

Model number: UE46ES80000UXXU

Version number: 01

Serial number: ZPF43SCC300271H

Software version: T-ECPDEUC-1014.1 , BT - S / I / G

The TV is a few years old, but good as new! As far as I'm aware we have never managed to set it up, but this is a last effort

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ukuser wrote:
My TV will not connect to wifi, so I have reset and am now trying to update via USB as cannot update on TV without internet (also tried wifi direct to no avail).

I have tried to track down the software recquired for my update but my TV model number isn't being recognised anywhere I try!

The TV is a SMART TV

Model number: UE46ES80000UXXU

Version number: 01

Serial number: ZPF43SCC300271H

Software version: T-ECPDEUC-1014.1 , BT - S / I / G

The TV is a few years old, but good as new! As far as I'm aware we have never managed to set it up, but this is a last effort

Hi @ukuser  Think you have an extra 0 in there and you search under UE46ES8000.  The latest firmware is  2023.0 which you should download to USB  on this link https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE46ES8000UXXU/ 

Using the initial set up it should be relatively straightforward, unless there is an issue with your set.  Ensure input mode is set to TV,select Start to begin the set up and  that will take you through the process. More details here Quick Set Up 

Should there still be problems with the wifi connection these are possible fixes:

Smart Hub Reset, 

Reset Router-unplug at mains.

Change the DNS Servers (Menu -Network - Network Settings - IP Settings -DNS settings - Enter Manually.  Enter 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 - Save.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
obitv
Pathfinder
Options

The ES series have issues with the wifi card in the tv. You cfan buy a new wifi card or use LAN cable from your router to the tv.

If router is far away try some of these power over ethernet - extenders you can buy from Argos

0 Likes