Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV lost it's mind. Black screen UNLESS USB boot BUT then blank again. Series 6 UHDTV 55"

(Topic created on: 03-04-2020 12:54 PM)
SnarkTVwatcher
Student
Options

Hi, trying to troubleshoot a series 6 UHDTV. It is as if my TV has lost its operating system.

Model: UE55KU6075

Symptoms:

Powering on via remote or button on TV leads to a blank screen, literally no indication that anything is on except the red light on the remote senor.

The ONLY way to get anything on is to stick the USB boot drive in the TV, in which it will then tell me my TV is up-to-date (current version: 1241).

If I exit the boot menu the TV again goes blank IF I go back, I can enter the support menu and reset things, or run tests.
It's odd to me for example when I run the picture test, a nice beautiful picture appears... so I'm really wondering why is going on here? I mean if my TV is able to display SOMETHING then certainly it's not "dead".

How I've troubleshot so far:
Unplugged TV for hours.
Held down the power button on the TV for over a minute, then unplugged TV for hours.
Tried to have Samsung connect, but oddly my TV will not connect to the internet (wifi or either net, nor cell phone hot spot).
I've tried the USB boot, it does nothing as it says my TV "has no updates at the moment"

This is only a three year old TV and I use to LOVE and only buy Samsung TV's. Any help would be great.

*Also, I've read somewhere that maybe it's the motherboard. Does that sound right? I'm pretty technical so I have no issue installing a new one.
IMG_5418.jpgIMG_5417.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AsadM
Options
Hi @SnarkTVwatcher. Hope you're doing well. Can you please confirm where you're based? Also, where did you buy your TV from?
0 Likes
SnarkTVwatcher
Student
Options

Hi, yes. I am based in Denmark. I can't use their site though because I don't speak Danish 😞
I bought it from a store called Elgiganten. I went to them and they said there is nothing they can do.

0 Likes
BriBriRogerthat
First Poster
Options

Hi, is anyone able to help me troubleshoot this? I really hate to have to throw away a three-year-old TV from a brand I used to trust.

Even if someone could help me diagnose where its a power supple or mother board issue would be helpful, I've opened up the TV and either looks easy to replace.

*I am the original poster, but for some reason had to create a new account to post this.

0 Likes