Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps switching from optical to TV speakers

(Topic created on: 23-04-2022 06:31 PM)
TaterSalad333
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung QN65Q6OTAFXZA that I’ve had for about a year, bought brand new. Just a month or so ago the tv auto switches the sound output randomly from optical to tv speakers and I have no idea why. 
I even replaced the soundbar but no fix 

19 REPLIES 19
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Maybe the cable is damaged then can you try a different one?
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Is the tv set to output optical rather than tv speakers in sound settings
G G
0 Likes
Becky900
First Poster
Options

I have been experiencing the same issue in just the last month although my tv was purchased in 2019. Prior to this no problems. Has Samsung reached out with a solution?

shaunpc999
Explorer
Options

I have an AU8000. The TV audio output keeps randomly switching to TV Speaker regardless of whether I have it set to optical or HDMI output. I have disabled HDMI-CEC and anything else I can think of. After reading the forums it has become apparent that Samsung does not have a fix for this and can't be bothered to find one. I do not think my next TV will be a Samsung.

JayNava
First Poster
Options

Same problem with a Sonos Arc sound bar that used to work with no issue until a few months ago. WTF Samsung?!?!

Dang Dawng
First Poster
Options

This is for a Samsung QN65Q80 connected to a Denon receiver.  I had the sound going through a non-ARC port HDMI cable and everything worked fine. Then it started switching to TV speakers, and when I changed it back to HDMI under sound settings, it would automatically switch itself back to TV speakers after 10 sec. Super annoying!

After trial-and-error, what worked was going to settings>external device manager,  then turning off Anynet+. HDMI was not available under sound settings, so I used the optical output (I already had the cable hooked up). So that works without the audio volume on the screen. 

Des154
First Poster
Options

I have a QE50Q60AA connected to a HW-F551 sound bar. Until a couple of days ago all worked well then suddenly the sound switches between TV speaker and HDMI Receiver every few seconds. I did notice a brief message about a software update at about the same time. Anyone know what is going on?

0 Likes
Robert Gamberg
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung QN32Q50RAFXZA connected via optical to a set of powered Fluance AI 41 speakers and I am having the same issue. I also have an Xbox Series X connected via HDMI ARC and a couple of weeks ago my TV started randomly switching from TV Speakers to Optical. To make matters worse, since I'm using Powered speakers that the TV can't auto-detect. it constantly attempts to set them up and fails, displaying a failed setup message box that I frequently have to "Cancel." It is extremely aggrivating and I'm about at my wits end. I contacted Samsung and they walked me through the basic "reset" solution for Sound, suggesting that I may have to reset the TV entirely (Which I'm sure will likely not help, though I haven't attempted it yet.) This problem never existed before these past few weeks and I've had the TV and speakers for about a year now. So frustrating!

0 Likes
dgeorgak
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue and it coincided with a software update to version 1401 about one week ago. Q900 had it for more than one year and never any issues until the software update