Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

(Topic created on: 23-07-2021 11:38 PM)
Ryanww28
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Samsung smart TV (UE49NU8000 49, purchased 11 months ago brand new) keeps disconnecting from my WiFi. I have spoke to Samsung and they have even gone to the measure of sending a third party company out to replace the part that connects to wireless networks. However, its still doing it. 

The only way I can get it to reconnect is by turning the TV off and on again, it will not reconnect if I try and do it through the network settings, I have to turn the TV off and on again. 

I have spoken to my Internet provider, and all is fine on their side, and no other wirless connection (phones, Xbox etc) ever disconnect. 

I have done multiple factory resets, most of which were done whilst on the phone with Samsung, and all updates are done too. 

I am at a total loss, can anyone help? 

Thanks. 

242 REPLIES 242
MinhT
Apprentice
Options

I just used a cheap wifi repeater and hardwired the tv to it, has been working flawlessly 

MinhT
Apprentice
Options

I did a bung if research, its not just samsung, other brands are having the same issue with connections, even worst, just get a wifi repeater and hardwire to tv

0 Likes
g1984
Student
Options

I just received an automatic update from Samsung on my tv last week and it resolved the problem and the TV works great from that perspective now. 

0 Likes
Kaivantor
First Poster
Options

I can confirm this is definitely a defective product issue within Samsung's internal WiFi hardware. This happens to my UN65TU8000FXZA running firmware version T-NKLAKUC-1460.9, BT-S. This TV is located a whopping four feet away from the wireless router with no obstruction. I have a desktop PC located 40 feet away past the furnace, water heater, and air conditioning compressor, above  miniature fridge, which has a network uptime equal to how long it's been powered on.

The same disconnect issue also affects a second Samsung TV I have which is in the room directly above the room with the router. That model is a 6900, firmware version T-MSLAKUC-1371.0. The straight line distance from the router is no more than fifteen feet, through a standard home second floor construction.

I have a desktop PC located 40 feet away from the router: past the furnace, water heater, and air conditioning compressor, above a small refrigerator and have never had issues with Wifi signal strength or EMI.

As a qualifier for my understanding of how the tech works: I have an MS in Cyber Security, as well as my CCNA, CEH, and CISSP certifications. I know how networking works. The issues we all experience are 100% Samsung's problem.

DRWDRW
First Poster
Options

Hi joining this conversation as recently purchased 5 series 32 inch Smart and having all the problems you have mentioned.  TV has been to engineer etc and still disconnects.  I am interested in the IPV6 route but this option does not show in my advanced menu?? Do you know if there is another place to find it.  On one of the many calls to Samsung they called up another menu by pressing a series of keys on the remote, could it be there??  When i followed your link to test the IPV6 it did no address was detected.  My ISP is Virgin, however I only use their router as a modem and use a TP Link DECO M4 mesh system and there is an option to switch IPV6 on in the advanced menu (have done this) in your opinion would this work??  All help greatly received as this is driving me mad....

0 Likes
DRWDRW
First Poster
Options

Can you clarify, you have solved the whole connectivity problem with the update??

0 Likes
pklocke
Student
Options

I can tell you this: per discussions with Samsung, my TV is current for all updates and still had the issue. I have done as others have, and just got up a wifi extender and hard-wired the TV to the extender. So far so good...

But sad we have to spend more.... My next TV will not be Samsung. 

0 Likes
MinhT
Apprentice
Options

Another sad thing…I’ve checked for issues with other brands, seems like they have the same issue and some even worst.

0 Likes
g1984
Student
Options

Yes. I turned the TV on one day and it said it needed to complete an update and once complete, the problem was resolved. I had been using a smart plug to turn power off to the TV and then back on to complete a hard start but ever since the update it has worked fine.

I did not initiate the update so not sure of the how or why.

Hope you can get yours to update as well.

0 Likes
rleng
First Poster
Options

Splitting the bands worked for me.  I use verizon fios, with a verizon fios router.  Default settings on the router had SON enabled - Self Organizing Network.

From verizon's website:  "What is SON?

Self-Organizing Networks (SON) significantly improve Wi-Fi performance by automatically identifying and fixing Wi-Fi problems.

Connected devices will move seamlessly between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi signals, and between access points if a Fios Network Extender has been added to your home network."

This setting also put out a single SSID for both 2.4GHz and 5 GHz signals.  I disabled this which split the bands - I set my Samsung Q70A 75'' to the 5 GHz dedicated SSID, and haven't had a problem since.  Worth a try as a solution for anyone experiencing issues.

0 Likes