Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

(Topic created on: 10-06-2021 07:24 PM)
Ryanww28
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Samsung smart TV (UE49NU8000 49, purchased 11 months ago brand new) keeps disconnecting from my WiFi. I have spoke to Samsung and they have even gone to the measure of sending a third party company out to replace the part that connects to wireless networks. However, its still doing it. 

The only way I can get it to reconnect is by turning the TV off and on again, it will not reconnect if I try and do it through the network settings, I have to turn the TV off and on again. 

I have spoken to my Internet provider, and all is fine on their side, and no other wirless connection (phones, Xbox etc) ever disconnect. 

I have done multiple factory resets, most of which were done whilst on the phone with Samsung, and all updates are done too. 

I am at a total loss, can anyone help? 

Thanks. 

242 REPLIES 242
MinhT
Apprentice
Options

HI have you figured out a solution? I have to reset my tv network and my modem every morning and retype my password, very very annoying

0 Likes
MinhT
Apprentice
Options

hi with the new tv's we dont have an option to turn off IPV6, do you know a work around?

0 Likes
MinhT
Apprentice
Options

these darn smart tvs are sooo stooopid

0 Likes
MinhT
Apprentice
Options

did this work?

0 Likes
Vanderl
First Poster
Options

I have contacted support many times as this continues to be an issue. It happens every day, and only on this TV. It usually works after several try's, but last week it took an hour to get it to connect (and of course on my daddy daughter date night for dinner and movie). I was so p*ssed off I opened another ticket with a long tirade because I was so p*ssed. 

Supports answer to me was have I update the software? That set me off even more. How can I update the fing software when the fing TV wont connect to the internet! 

It took an hour off unplugging the TV, putting it back in. Resetting up the network. Deleting the connection, re-adding it. Finally to magically get the "your connected" message. 

That weekend I went out and purchased a new TV (definitely not a Samsung). And haven't had any problems connecting since!

0 Likes
abavetta
First Poster
Options

Sadly turning off the instant-on feature did not work reliably and caused slow behavior of the TV so I turned it back on.  Oddly I now use both the new Chromecast for Google TV dongle and the newest Apple TV 4K box both with HDMI connections to my TV  to turn it on and off and with either of those methods, the Samsung TV has not disconnected from my WiFi network. It's been a couple of weeks now.

0 Likes
Vanderl
First Poster
Options

I will say that the Samsung 70" TV makes for a good target. After purchasing my new TV, I took the Samsung out to the back property and put some rounds or .45 and .223 through it. First time I felt satisfied with that TV since I purchased it. 

0 Likes
jdobner3
First Poster
Options

Funny story. I work for an I.T. company and one of my customers on the side asked me if he needed a new router for his house. The issue was he had an 8 series samsung tv that kept disconnecting from the wireless. I told him I was going through the same thing and there was no solution other than buying any other tv than Samsung. Not sure how they can continue to sell their tv's when the issue is still consistently happening. 

0 Likes
MinhT
Apprentice
Options

So I think I’ve found a work around. I purchased a $27 TP-Link AC750 wifi extender (RE220) and connected to my router wifi. I then connected a wire from the tv to the ethernet port of the extender. I just checked it this morning and it is still connected. Seems to have fixed the issue. Fingers crossed! Will check again tomorrow morning.

0 Likes
MinhT
Apprentice
Options

I was gonna return the tv and get an LG but after reading some complains online, seems like the LG has similar issues if not worst, so I’m gonna stick with the samsung.

0 Likes