Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

(Topic created on: 26-04-2021 07:38 PM)
Ryanww28
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Samsung smart TV (UE49NU8000 49, purchased 11 months ago brand new) keeps disconnecting from my WiFi. I have spoke to Samsung and they have even gone to the measure of sending a third party company out to replace the part that connects to wireless networks. However, its still doing it. 

The only way I can get it to reconnect is by turning the TV off and on again, it will not reconnect if I try and do it through the network settings, I have to turn the TV off and on again. 

I have spoken to my Internet provider, and all is fine on their side, and no other wirless connection (phones, Xbox etc) ever disconnect. 

I have done multiple factory resets, most of which were done whilst on the phone with Samsung, and all updates are done too. 

I am at a total loss, can anyone help? 

Thanks. 

242 REPLIES 242
STLGeek
Student
Options

I suspect the Vonets doesn't support ipv6, though I can't find specific information about that on their web site.  Most home routers use ipv4.  Perhaps there's another product out there that can serve as a bridge and supports ipv6.  Good luck.

0 Likes
allyjones
First Poster
Options

I started experiencing the problem with our Samsung TV, a few years old that was gifted to us a few weeks ago.

It started cutting out while watching anything on any On Demand app: ITV Hub, iPlayer, Netflix...

Last night I disconnected from our WiFi router and connected to my iPhone's hotspot to see if the same issue would happen. It didn't. So it's an issue with the way the TV talks to our router (standard EE router).

I restarted the router as I couldn't log in to the admin account on the router settings. I noticed before that the TV was connecting to the 2.4GHz band, which is when it was disconnecting. Since restarting the router it has been connected to the 5GHz band and hasn't disconnected. Netflix has been running uninterrupted for about 15 minutes (that's better than any other time the last few days)! I will obviously monitor it, and that's not a great deal of time to test it.

Like a previous user said you can split the bands on your router settings. This means that on the WiFi list of available WiFi connections you'll see your usual router name twice, one ending with 2.4G, one ending with 5G. Connect your TV to the 5G band, and see if that resolves your problem.

I will report back!

0 Likes
Vanderl
First Poster
Options

I started having this issue about 4 months ago, my assumption would be a crappy update the installed. This happen every day I turn this on. Spend about 30 mins each time trying to get it to connect. I have 7 TVs in my house and this is the only one I have issues with. 

I used to love Samsung products, but this really makes me not want to buy another. Even thinking about changing to an iPhone just because I am so pissed at this thing. And I hate Apple. 

0 Likes
I_Want_Quality
Journeyman
Options

Been using this solution for several months... haven’t had a problem since putting in the Vonets WiFi bridge!!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!

0 Likes
Alkadere
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem. Qled 2020 tv. The only way to get online is by switching off the TV
0 Likes
Patsy3
First Poster
Options

Could it be the 5G

0 Likes
Goyard07
First Poster
Options

We have two Samsung TVs with the exact same issue. Both purchased the last couple of years. One does it all the time 

0 Likes
JJ504
First Poster
Options

I have two Samsung Tvs and both do the same thing. I dont know what to do

0 Likes
abavetta
First Poster
Options

Problem fixed (short term solution)

Samsung TV Model UN75NU6950FXZA

Problem fixed by turning off "Instant On" and "Always Instant On Support" as shown here: https://www.encrypted.at/samsung-smart-tv-disable-wifi-in-standby/

But TV is slow to turn on. Is there a more permanent fix out there like a Software or Firmware upgrade?

0 Likes
jdobner3
First Poster
Options

Does Samsung have any answer to any of this?

0 Likes