Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 01:56 AM)
Ryanww28
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Samsung smart TV (UE49NU8000 49, purchased 11 months ago brand new) keeps disconnecting from my WiFi. I have spoke to Samsung and they have even gone to the measure of sending a third party company out to replace the part that connects to wireless networks. However, its still doing it. 

The only way I can get it to reconnect is by turning the TV off and on again, it will not reconnect if I try and do it through the network settings, I have to turn the TV off and on again. 

I have spoken to my Internet provider, and all is fine on their side, and no other wirless connection (phones, Xbox etc) ever disconnect. 

I have done multiple factory resets, most of which were done whilst on the phone with Samsung, and all updates are done too. 

I am at a total loss, can anyone help? 

Thanks. 

242 REPLIES 242
BootDisc
First Poster
Options

It broke again, I manually set an IP address, not sure why the robustness of the TV DCHP is so bad, but setting and IP address seems to be helping.

0 Likes
bob1000
Apprentice
Options

Samsung are unbelieveable NO SOLUTIONS, nothing in all this time.  I changed apartments two months before lockdown and Ive change internet provider and routers. Same old story, everything works fine, macs, iphone, samsung phone (girlfriends), ipads nintendos, all the IoTs.  But not the Samsung TV, at least not for more than 24 hours and usually MUCH less.

Thanks for making the lockdown soo much easier...

SAMSUNG YOU REALLY REALLY SUCK.  I will never buy anything else from you and with you attitude to customer service you deserve to go out of business.

ac1914
Apprentice
Options

There seems to be enough people having this issue.  We should all take to social media and tweet or send public comments on facebook and instagram.  That could get their attention. 

pjn122
Journeyman
Options

Of course I have the same issue and have sought a solution.  I had a epiphany a couple days ago...  I am not even a little technical so this may be way off base, but I think it has something to do with the "smart" connection within the tv.  The audio and video from this tv are beautifull.  If I ignore the smart hub and, instead, connect to streaming services (Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, etc.)  through my Apple TV instead, the wifi NEVER drops the connection.   This is a solution for me, but it still irritates me that I can't count on the "smart" function of ANY of my three Samsung tvs.  At least I can get all the way through a movie now!

pjn122
Journeyman
Options
Bob1000, don't switch to Visio!
0 Likes
Austin527
First Poster
Options

I've resolved the issue on my samsung NU8000 by disabling ipv6.

Settings ---> General ---> Network ---> Expert Settings.

0 Likes
pjn122
Journeyman
Options

Thanks so much, Austin527.  I'm trying it now!  Be well.

0 Likes
QezZy
Journeyman
Options

I agree, and this happens only on two of my Samsung TVs. I am sick of Samsung TVs always disconnecting to the wifi network. I have been dealing with this for 3 YEARS NOW with NO SOFTWARE UPDATE to fix this issue. Come on Samsung!

@Denmese wrote:

I am having the exact same problem and I have contacted Samsung 4 times. The last call  person Jeffery told me I need to have my internet service provider find out what is wrong with my router(it's working perfectly with a very strong signal) or send my tv to a Samsung repair center and pay to figure out what is wrong. It is clearly the Samsung software and it's frustrating that they will not stand behind their product. I just bought 2 new Samsung products and wish I hadn't.

0 Likes
QezZy
Journeyman
Options

@Jenjay wrote:

We have the MU8000 and same thing started happening about 10month after purchase . We were still under warranty then so had over phone help, he got me to change the IP settings after factory reset didnt work. It seemed to do ok for a few months then. But the problem is back again.  It disconnects over and over again and i have to turn the TV off by doing a soft reset to get it working again. We cant stream anything without constant interruption.  The factory reset or IP settings trick doesnt work now and of course now.we are out of warranty!

I agree, and this happens only on two of my Samsung TVs. I am sick of Samsung TVs always disconnecting to the wifi network. I have been dealing with this for 3 YEARS NOW with NO SOFTWARE UPDATE to fix this issue. Come on Samsung!

0 Likes
QezZy
Journeyman
Options

@I_Want_Quality wrote:

I've read all your posts and suspect the issue is a product defect across Samsung's entire product line.

I have great wifi signal (300Mbps at the router) and generally (100-150Mbps) in the room where I have my UN65MU6300 (2017 model) TV mounted. The wireless connection continues to drop on the TV, eventhough the signal is consistantly good (confirmed with other mobile devices). I've done all the suggested steps of unplugging the TV to reset, ensuring the firmware is up-to-date, modifying the ISP/DSN settings (8.8.8.8) to get the wireless connection to stay connected. It will work for a period and then just terminate at will. Latest fix that I've been using is NetGear powerline (PL1200) and then an ethernet port connection into the wired port on the back of the TV. While the signal is consistent, it is way down in ping & speed (generally under 40 Mbps) and will buffer out (apps hang up) intermittently.

I'm considering buying another Samsung QLED, but would love Samsung to confirm this issue has been resolved in later models...

Dont buy Samsung. The issue persists. Their entire line of TVs has wifi connectivity issues.

Sorry if my posts are multiple. I am amazed how the issue I have been having for years on my older Samsung TV, is STILL an issue on my new Samsung TV. I could have bought something else, but I trusted Samsung, but not anymore.

0 Likes