Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

(Topic created on: 01-06-2020 04:14 AM)
Ryanww28
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Samsung smart TV (UE49NU8000 49, purchased 11 months ago brand new) keeps disconnecting from my WiFi. I have spoke to Samsung and they have even gone to the measure of sending a third party company out to replace the part that connects to wireless networks. However, its still doing it. 

The only way I can get it to reconnect is by turning the TV off and on again, it will not reconnect if I try and do it through the network settings, I have to turn the TV off and on again. 

I have spoken to my Internet provider, and all is fine on their side, and no other wirless connection (phones, Xbox etc) ever disconnect. 

I have done multiple factory resets, most of which were done whilst on the phone with Samsung, and all updates are done too. 

I am at a total loss, can anyone help? 

Thanks. 

242 REPLIES 242
eh657
Journeyman
Options

Disabling IPv6 in connection settings fixed the problem for me as suggested elsewhere in the forum. No one from Samsung will tell you this simple fix! Using the TV or other device connecting to your router go to https://test-ipv6.com/ to see if your ISP has IPv6 turned on - many don't - like mine for example. Cheers

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Already disabled, didn't work. Also changed DNS to 8.8.8.8, didn't work. 

I use my Samsung blu-ray player to access my streaming services. 

0 Likes
Ybryant
First Poster
Options

Tess, this is happening across various streaming apps. Both, Amazon and Netflix for me. I saw another user reference Fandango. This is a big quality control issue with Samsung TVs. It needs to be repaired quickly or the brand will suffer.

Xrayjennym
First Poster
Options

How do I turn off the ipv6 on the Samsung 8 series?? I can't seem to find advance settings.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Settings - General - Network - Expert Settings

0 Likes
Xrayjennym
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung 8 series and when I go to Network and then expert settings my only options there are:

Wi-Fi Direct 

Mobile Devicw Manager

i can't find the ipv6 thing to disable

0 Likes
Cferm
Student
Options

I will only buy Vizio from now on. Have 3 samnsung tvs and 2 of them disconnect every day. Have to retype password for wifi every time. Over it...and by this forum it seems like an ongoing issue with no care to fix. Not to mention the white circles that form on the tv. Dont have this problem yet? Dont worry...you will. And there are plenty of forums for that as well. Congrats Samsung on helping your customers in 2020 with INTERNET CONNECTION ISSUES...its not '95 anymore. Figure it out!

0 Likes
Balki
Journeyman
Options

I can't believe there's no response from Samsung here. It seems to be a serious issue, affecting plenty of customers and with recent TVs.

I've seen other posts within this Samsung Community exactly with the same problem and lots of frustration.

If anyone from Samsung read this, may I ask for a formal response (either to say that a future firmware update will fix it, or that there's a wifi card issue in certain models, or that you don't give a sh*t about this)

0 Likes
Macsimus
First Poster
Options

Disabled IPV6, changed DNS to 8.8.8.8, and connected to my 5G wireless network worked for me

0 Likes
ac1914
Apprentice
Options

Did that work?

0 Likes