Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

(Topic created on: 27-05-2020 02:36 PM)
Ryanww28
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Samsung smart TV (UE49NU8000 49, purchased 11 months ago brand new) keeps disconnecting from my WiFi. I have spoke to Samsung and they have even gone to the measure of sending a third party company out to replace the part that connects to wireless networks. However, its still doing it. 

The only way I can get it to reconnect is by turning the TV off and on again, it will not reconnect if I try and do it through the network settings, I have to turn the TV off and on again. 

I have spoken to my Internet provider, and all is fine on their side, and no other wirless connection (phones, Xbox etc) ever disconnect. 

I have done multiple factory resets, most of which were done whilst on the phone with Samsung, and all updates are done too. 

I am at a total loss, can anyone help? 

Thanks. 

242 REPLIES 242
eh657
Journeyman
Options

Re contacting Samsung help. Forget it!

0 Likes
eh657
Journeyman
Options

This typical reply from Samsung support and by asking 'only Netflix?' shows they are incapable of really appreciating the problem.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way @eh657 as I'm only trying to help from here. If you feel that there is something wrong with the TV you can contact Support to arrange an engineer visit so this can be fixed.

0 Likes
Minime
Journeyman
Options

Hello Tess.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.  When I called Samsung Support I fully explained the issue and what steps I had taken to try and find the cause of the fault.  I also repeatedly told the call handler that this was an ongoing problem and I would like it resolved, I also suggested what I thought was the cause. She then took me through all the steps again starting with unplugging the tv and so on and eventually declared it fixed. 
Afterwards I phoned Richer Sounds online support which was a completely different experience.   Call handler there immediately understood my problem, discussed 2 possible causes and gave me option of returning tv for repair or wait until their retail outlet reopened to take it there.  I was on the phone for less than 10 minutes. 

0 Likes
DunklerEngel
Student
Options

If you use a dual band router. Try disabling one of the bands. I've been trying to resolve this issue for a week after getting this model 6 from a family member. Today I have disabled the 2.4ghz band on our dual band router and I could finally connect to the router without restarting the tv. I am going to check it tomorrow. 

0 Likes
I_Want_Quality
Journeyman
Options

I've read all your posts since my initial post on 11 April and  I'm convinced the issue is a product defect across Samsung's entire product line. I won't be buying another Samsung TV until they've acknowledge the defect and demonstrate a system fix.

Rudo_
Journeyman
Options

I haven't tried this yet but I think this is the most likely reason.

Do you know how to disable one of the 2 connections?

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
You need to go into your router settings to disable the band. If you have devices that use the 2.4ghz (b, g, n), disconnect the 5ghz band.
0 Likes
Rudo_
Journeyman
Options

Ah... *****. I thought you could disable the 5G band/connection on the TV because I think that's what's causing the conflict and the other devices (cellphone, etc) are using the 5G.

0 Likes
DunklerEngel
Student
Options

Well disabling 2.5ghz did not resolve the issue. Tried it again tonight and lost connection. The tv does seem to reconnect everytime I have to restart the tv or restart my router connection. Just re-enabled 2.5ghz. This is the only tv in the house having this problem. The 8 series in our living room never drops connection to our router. We have not had this 6 series very long. The 8 series we have had for over a year.