Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

(Topic created on: 18-05-2020 08:33 AM)
Ryanww28
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Samsung smart TV (UE49NU8000 49, purchased 11 months ago brand new) keeps disconnecting from my WiFi. I have spoke to Samsung and they have even gone to the measure of sending a third party company out to replace the part that connects to wireless networks. However, its still doing it. 

The only way I can get it to reconnect is by turning the TV off and on again, it will not reconnect if I try and do it through the network settings, I have to turn the TV off and on again. 

I have spoken to my Internet provider, and all is fine on their side, and no other wirless connection (phones, Xbox etc) ever disconnect. 

I have done multiple factory resets, most of which were done whilst on the phone with Samsung, and all updates are done too. 

I am at a total loss, can anyone help? 

Thanks. 

242 REPLIES 242
Minime
Journeyman
Options
Thank you Tess. I bought the tv from Richer Sounds so will contact them tomorrow and the Samsung support centre. I am really disappointed with this tv and it appears this issue is happening frequently to others. Design fault?
GM69
First Poster
Options

Same here the craziest part is I'm connected via Ethernet cord. So annoying having to restart every time.

SCLee
Explorer
Options

Samsung TV's are rubbish and I won't be buying another one. Not only do they disconnect from the wi-fi every day but there is known issue with the app storage space and you can't add new apps unless you factory reset the TV. 

I'm buying LG in future. 

Bobbyblood
Student
Options

@Minime wrote:
I have tried everything. Reset modem, check broadband with provider (all ok and all other devices and other tv works fine), I’ve reset to factory settings, force stared the tv, manually imputed the IP address, switched tv and Sky box off at the wall etc. I can’t connect to the Samsung server

I would just buy brand new wifi module. And install your self very easy. PM me I can give you web site info to purchase it. And video instructions. 

0 Likes
eh657
Journeyman
Options

S7 series here in UK. I'm trialling the lPv6 solution. Also disabled the smartphone remote control function which doesn't work very well either. Won't be buying Samsung again.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have the same model and same issue. It started with version 1280. Support accessed the TV and changed the DNS server, but it still disconnects.

Minime
Journeyman
Options
I have just spent 75 minutes on the phone to Samsung Support (as I laugh hysterically at the word support). Absolutely hopeless. The call centre operator was so pleased at the end of the call that she had managed to get my tv connected to the internet but couldn’t grasp that the steps she talked me through I do nearly EVERY time I want to watch Netflix. Why have a support centre if they can’t understand the issues?
eh657
Journeyman
Options

Call centre operators have zero tech knowledge of the products. Work from a check sheet, rather like following the TV's onboard menu. This is why you  just ended up going through the same old loop.

0 Likes
eh657
Journeyman
Options

Likewise.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Minime ,

I'm really das to hear that you feel that way. Are you able to tell if this is only affecting Netflix? Are you able to tell us what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? 

0 Likes