Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

(Topic created on: 09-05-2020 11:41 AM)
Ryanww28
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Samsung smart TV (UE49NU8000 49, purchased 11 months ago brand new) keeps disconnecting from my WiFi. I have spoke to Samsung and they have even gone to the measure of sending a third party company out to replace the part that connects to wireless networks. However, its still doing it. 

The only way I can get it to reconnect is by turning the TV off and on again, it will not reconnect if I try and do it through the network settings, I have to turn the TV off and on again. 

I have spoken to my Internet provider, and all is fine on their side, and no other wirless connection (phones, Xbox etc) ever disconnect. 

I have done multiple factory resets, most of which were done whilst on the phone with Samsung, and all updates are done too. 

I am at a total loss, can anyone help? 

Thanks. 

242 REPLIES 242
SCLee
Explorer
Options

Unticking ipv6 doesn't work. I did this and my TV is still disconnecting from the net. Looks like I'm gonna have to get an Apple TV box to access the apps. Samsung TV's are useless, what with this and the app storage issue. 

0 Likes
Willeatte
Apprentice
Options
Sorry it didn’t work for you. I just thought it would be worth a try ,it was the only thing that worked for me .It has been two weeks now and still connecting.
Bobbyblood
Student
Options

@SCLee wrote:

Unticking ipv6 doesn't work. I did this and my TV is still disconnecting from the net. Looks like I'm gonna have to get an Apple TV box to access the apps. Samsung TV's are useless, what with this and the app storage issue. 

I would buy a WiFi module. Very easy to install. 

0 Likes
SCLee
Explorer
Options

I switched off Power On With Mobile under Network, Expert settings, where the IPV6 setting is, and so far today it hasn't disconnected from the wi-fi. Fingers crossed it's fixed. 

SCLee
Explorer
Options

It hasn't fixed the issue, it still happens, less frequently but it's still annoying. 

0 Likes
Minime
Journeyman
Options

I am beyond annoyed. Ive got a Samsung Q6 tv which constantly loses its wireless connection always about 15-20 minutes into anything I'm watching on Amazon Prime. It's driving me insane and I will never,ever buy a Samsung tv again. I can't get through to Sumsung support but will keep trying as my tv is only 11 months old and this issue started about 4 months ago and is getting worse.  

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Minime ,

can I take your Tv model and software version along with the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far? Is this only affecting Amazon?

The model can be found at the back on a white label and the software from the TV Settings> Support> About this TV/Contact Samsung.

0 Likes
Minime
Journeyman
Options
Model QE49Q6FNATXXU

Software T-KTM2DEUC-1294.1, BT-S
0 Likes
Minime
Journeyman
Options
I have tried everything. Reset modem, check broadband with provider (all ok and all other devices and other tv works fine), I’ve reset to factory settings, force stared the tv, manually imputed the IP address, switched tv and Sky box off at the wall etc. I can’t connect to the Samsung server
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I can see that the TV is up to date. As the issue persists after a reset I think that a repair is due here. At the moment, we are only doing essential repairs so we would suggest contacting your nearest Support Centre once that this is over. Find your local one here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

Alternatively, you can try to contact our colleagues to have a look at your available repair options from here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes