Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

(Topic created on: 03-05-2020 04:21 PM)
Ryanww28
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Samsung smart TV (UE49NU8000 49, purchased 11 months ago brand new) keeps disconnecting from my WiFi. I have spoke to Samsung and they have even gone to the measure of sending a third party company out to replace the part that connects to wireless networks. However, its still doing it. 

The only way I can get it to reconnect is by turning the TV off and on again, it will not reconnect if I try and do it through the network settings, I have to turn the TV off and on again. 

I have spoken to my Internet provider, and all is fine on their side, and no other wirless connection (phones, Xbox etc) ever disconnect. 

I have done multiple factory resets, most of which were done whilst on the phone with Samsung, and all updates are done too. 

I am at a total loss, can anyone help? 

Thanks. 

242 REPLIES 242
Willeatte
Apprentice
Options
Thanks .... out of everything I have tried this is the only thing that has worked. So far so good. The immediate difference for me is every time I would turn my tv off for the night the next time I turned it back on the WiFi didn’t work. I could unplug it and plug it back in every time and it would boot up but that had gotten old. Since I turned the ipv6 off my WiFi works upon demand. It’s only been two days but that’s two days more than ever so I’m hoping it’s for good.
0 Likes
Vushaj
First Poster
Options

Hey guys,

I think the issue is ipv6 is a way to connect to internet. Apparently it is way better than current ipv4. The issue is that most of our internet service providers do not use ipv6. I could be completely wrong on this, but so far after the change I haven't had an issue with connectivity. It is under advanced settings.

0 Likes
SJCC
Student
Options

I've been having this on two Samsung Smart TVs both purchased within the last two years, will try this out...hope it works. Like everyone has said, I think the problem started sometime in 2019 following a firmware update. So aggravating. Defeats the purpose of a smart tv no?

0 Likes
Bobcolly
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue, checked with Vodafone and all is good, to reactive internet I need to turn power off then back on to get working, this might stay connected for 1 hour or 30 minutes 

0 Likes
Willeatte
Apprentice
Options
Try turning off the ipv6 in settings. That worked for me. Go to network under settings , scroll down to expert settings, locate IPv6 setting and click on disable. Someone posted that on this site the other day and after over a year of unplugging my tv to reset the WiFi I finally found something that works.
Bobbyblood
Student
Options

I have same problem. Then I let the fools remote threw my TV. 3 technicians were in my TV remotely. I don't know what they did but they didn't fix it that's for sure. I think it's the Wi-Fi card on the motherboard heating up the capacitors going out .I don't know how they could sell products like this every TV goes out. They are cons and scams and rip-offs Samsung PLUS SPY ON US THREW CAMERA. 

0 Likes
SJCC
Student
Options
this worked (hopefully it lasts) thank you!
Bobbyblood
Student
Options

Here's a link for TV parts . 

https://www.shopjimmy.com/tvs/tv-wi-fi-module

0 Likes
Court
First Poster
Options

I have a samsung tv I bought back in 2013 and also one I bought in 2019. 

Both continuously do it, the older one more than the newer one but regardless, I cant usually get through episode without it freezing. 

I always have to shut it down to start the app. I believe its the samsung tvs in general and I will never buy one again after seeing that everyone is having the issue. 

SCLee
Explorer
Options

I've turned off ipv6 under the expert settings, hopefully it lasts. If not I will have to buy an Apple TV box and stream from that, as Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, YouTube and of course Apple are all on there. Then I'll see if it's the net or the Samsung TV. 

0 Likes