Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

(Topic created on: 12-04-2020 11:10 AM)
Ryanww28
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Samsung smart TV (UE49NU8000 49, purchased 11 months ago brand new) keeps disconnecting from my WiFi. I have spoke to Samsung and they have even gone to the measure of sending a third party company out to replace the part that connects to wireless networks. However, its still doing it. 

The only way I can get it to reconnect is by turning the TV off and on again, it will not reconnect if I try and do it through the network settings, I have to turn the TV off and on again. 

I have spoken to my Internet provider, and all is fine on their side, and no other wirless connection (phones, Xbox etc) ever disconnect. 

I have done multiple factory resets, most of which were done whilst on the phone with Samsung, and all updates are done too. 

I am at a total loss, can anyone help? 

Thanks. 

242 REPLIES 242
Rudo_
Journeyman
Options
I'm pretty sure this is a planned obslescence issue. If I have to buy a new TV, you bet it won't be a Samsung.
Sons
First Poster
Options

I am so close to throwing thisvTV!!! 

Unfortunately we bought 3 samsung tvs. I will never ever replace them with samsung again. Even my samsung phone do not connect to the samsung tv! So casting from phone is also not an option. 

We waisted our money....

No software updates ever...software is out of date and giving issues. Need to log in every 30 mins into apps. Because tv disconnects from wifi and internet.

SCLee
Explorer
Options

My NU7 is doing the same thing, it's just over a year old. The issue isn't just with Samsung TV's, my LG was doing this too until I called my internet provider and they split the broadband, to priotise the TV. The LG hasn't done it since. However, now the Samsung has started to do it (many months after the internet was split.) It's only been doing it for a few days but it is very annoying, a show will pause and then it says the internet isn't connected. I switch the TV off and wait a while to regain the connection. My laptop is still working when this happens so it's not the internet. 

0 Likes
Rudo_
Journeyman
Options

I'm thinking... 

Could it be a conflict between the 2 different wifi connections in the case when there is a normal wifi connection and a 5G wifi connection? I have those two different connections and I'm pretty sure I logged in at least once in each so I'm wondering whether there might be a connection switch happening...

Thoughts...

0 Likes
Vushaj
First Poster
Options

Hey guys, just tried something maybe it will work. Turn off ipv6 under expert settings.

0 Likes
wesleyj
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue.  Samsung Q60 will drop wifi when not in use.  I have to "forget network" every single morning and reselect my wifi and type password daily now.  beyond frustrating... seems like a software glitch on samsung end especially seeing all these replies

Blw
First Poster
Options

This started happening to me too. After multiple alternate routers and and tweaks to the Wifi it just kept getting worse until I couldn't even get the wireless network dialog to work in the onscreen interface. I had to disconnect the power to log back into WiFi. It started happening every 15 minutes or faster.

Got on service chat after it froze again and they asked me to check the MAC Address for WiFi using the on screen info dialog. The WiFi MAC address was blank. It only returned after unplugging the TV. 

The service guy said it was the wifi module and a repair guy is coming next week to put in a new one.. We will see if that works.

Willeatte
Apprentice
Options

My 43"  Samsung smartv keeps dropping the WiFi connection and I have to unplug and replug the power cord quickly. It's  connected to a power surge protector so I switch it off and on and then the WiFi kicks in. Why is this?? Any help will be appreciated.

Feltner77
First Poster
Options

I bought my Samsung 65" right when the quarantine went into full effect here,  so just over a month ago. This issue started on my TV within the first week,  usually when starting a new show on Netflix or Prime. I'd have to do the soft reset to get things to work. Yesterday we rented a movie from the Fandango app (first time using the service) and it buffered no less than 20 times,  and I reset the tv, which helped slightly but not completely.  I contacted Fandango customer service and explained the issue and wanted a refund. After hearing my issue the tech asked "are you trying to stream on a Samsung smart tv?" Like the problem is that common! This  is the first Samsung product I've ever had an issue with and I swear by their phones,  I've used them exclusively for years, and if course Walmart wanted me to get their extended warranty at an additional $85 which I thought was too steep, I may be paying the price for that now.  And like the most  of you,  all other devices are running perfectly fine off the same router. 

alexcar98
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue! Just purchased a 55" Samsung Smart Tv about 2 weeks ago and it's been disconnecting from my WiFi since day one! I even bought a brand new internet router thinking that was the issue but the tv still disconnected even with the new router! I have to unplug the tv then plug It back in just for It to connect to the internet, and even then sometimes it still won't connect even after unplugging it. Very annoying and Samsung needs to fix this ASAP!