Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

(Topic created on: 18-03-2020 10:23 AM)
Ryanww28
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Samsung smart TV (UE49NU8000 49, purchased 11 months ago brand new) keeps disconnecting from my WiFi. I have spoke to Samsung and they have even gone to the measure of sending a third party company out to replace the part that connects to wireless networks. However, its still doing it. 

The only way I can get it to reconnect is by turning the TV off and on again, it will not reconnect if I try and do it through the network settings, I have to turn the TV off and on again. 

I have spoken to my Internet provider, and all is fine on their side, and no other wirless connection (phones, Xbox etc) ever disconnect. 

I have done multiple factory resets, most of which were done whilst on the phone with Samsung, and all updates are done too. 

I am at a total loss, can anyone help? 

Thanks. 

242 REPLIES 242
Denmese
Student
Options

I am having the exact same problem and I have contacted Samsung 4 times. The last call  person Jeffery told me I need to have my internet service provider find out what is wrong with my router(it's working perfectly with a very strong signal) or send my tv to a Samsung repair center and pay to figure out what is wrong. It is clearly the Samsung software and it's frustrating that they will not stand behind their product. I just bought 2 new Samsung products and wish I hadn't.

Jenjay
First Poster
Options

We have the MU8000 and same thing started happening about 10month after purchase . We were still under warranty then so had over phone help, he got me to change the IP settings after factory reset didnt work. It seemed to do ok for a few months then. But the problem is back again.  It disconnects over and over again and i have to turn the TV off by doing a soft reset to get it working again. We cant stream anything without constant interruption.  The factory reset or IP settings trick doesnt work now and of course now.we are out of warranty!

Rudo_
Journeyman
Options

Same here but with an older model: UE40F6400.

It disconnects more and more with the time. Other devices working perfectly with the internet connection. 

In my case, the TV freezes and gets switched off on its own. I then have to switch it on and go to the Wifi connection settings and select the connection to get it working again.

Crazy.

BramO
First Poster
Options

Hey,

I had the same disconnections, but for me after a while it started agian (mainly had it with the Spotify app). For me the problem is with my WiFi extender. That one is less stable than my router, but because it is closer to my TV it will connect to the TV more easily. When I disconnected the extender, and let the TV connect to my router, for me the disconnections stopped. I think your other devices (like a phone) are more flexible with changing connection that the TV.

Hope this helps you gys a bit.

Best,

Bram

0 Likes
Rudo_
Journeyman
Options

I don't have any wifi extender, just the router. And it didn't happened in the past, it started during the last year...

Balki
Journeyman
Options

I have exactly the same problem on my UE40NU7125 (with latest firmware updated). It's frustrating.

I also have a Q9 (can't check the exact model now) but that one works fine.

I'm going to try to move the WIFI extended closer to the room where the TV is, but it's the same where I have my office, with multiple devices working perfectly fine (including laptop and tablet). 

If I see any improvement, which might mean that this TV has a shorter wifi range?, I'll keep you updated.

I_Want_Quality
Journeyman
Options

I've read all your posts and suspect the issue is a product defect across Samsung's entire product line.

I have great wifi signal (300Mbps at the router) and generally (100-150Mbps) in the room where I have my UN65MU6300 (2017 model) TV mounted. The wireless connection continues to drop on the TV, eventhough the signal is consistantly good (confirmed with other mobile devices). I've done all the suggested steps of unplugging the TV to reset, ensuring the firmware is up-to-date, modifying the ISP/DSN settings (8.8.8.8) to get the wireless connection to stay connected. It will work for a period and then just terminate at will. Latest fix that I've been using is NetGear powerline (PL1200) and then an ethernet port connection into the wired port on the back of the TV. While the signal is consistent, it is way down in ping & speed (generally under 40 Mbps) and will buffer out (apps hang up) intermittently.

I'm considering buying another Samsung QLED, but would love Samsung to confirm this issue has been resolved in later models...

Rudo_
Journeyman
Options

I really think Samsung should fix the issue in our TVs or oferr a change. My TV works perfectly except for this issue so I don't want to spend money in an new TV.

Any of you knows how to proceed to demand a response from Samsung?

Thanks.

CaptCajun
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Just started happening about a month ago. Very intermittent. Sometimes the wifi works all day and goes out at night. Sometimes it's on and off all day.

I even bought a brand new 1gbps modem and a router and upped to 1Gig from my isp thinking it was my old hardware or too many devices. 

My TV also randomly pops up a message about allowing a device to connect which I cannot make disappear.  It has to time out, and I cannot use my remote while its on the screen. I'm about to invoke my Costco 3 yr warranty because Samsung just blows me off whenever I call.