Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps crashing

(Topic created on: 04-01-2020 06:22 PM)
Mals67
Apprentice
Options

20200103_173756.jpg

This is happening quite regularly now. It happens after about 15 mins and then the Tv continuously turns on and off. Happens when I have Sky connected through HDMI and through Amazon Prime and Netflix through the apps. 

Colours on the screen vary to above.

Any clue as to what to do?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options
@Mals67: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. If you unplug all external devices that are connected to the TV, does the issue persist? Similarly, if you connect your Sky box to an alternate HDMI port,does the issue persist?

If you go to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and follow the on screen instructions, do you get any 'Fail' messages? If you do then I recommend reaching out to our AV Team on 0333 000 0333, where an advisor will be able to to assist you further.
0 Likes
Scorpan10
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem. Started about 1 month ago for my UE46D7005.

Usually happens when I try to adjust the volume or enter the menues, or start smart TV section. Sometimes it works if I wait a while before giving any input on the remote after the TV is turned on.

Tried it without anything connected to the HDMI ports and it still happens. Updated software and did a factory reset, issue remains.

It feels like it is related to the image processing somehow. Some condensator that is giving up perhaps. Would be good to know if this can be resolved by software, or possibly by changing some hardware component...

Mals67
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I ended up chucking the TV and replacing it with a new Samsung Q90. I had done everything you highlighted below, it didn't help. The TV was over 7 years old, so beyond warranty, as such, for the expense of trying to get it fixed, I decided to upgrade.

The issue happened every time the volume or menu buttons were pressed, either on the Sky remote or the TV remote.  I thought it was just Sky, but it affected Prime and Netflix Apps downloaded on the TV itself.

New TV is much better though, with up to date technology too!

Mals67
Apprentice
Options

Hi, yes the same issues you've highlighted I had as well. Even on Netflix and Prime Apps downloaded onto the TV. I couldn't get it to work properly, so, as it was over 7 years old, we decided to replace it with a new Samsung TV.  I didn't want the hassle of trying to get it fixed, sometimes it can be costly, plus once one thing goes, sometimes other bits go with it.

Hope you got some kind of solution.

Cheers

Alex15191320
First Poster
Options

After a bit of searching.. and experimenting..

my background is in IT and electronics tech..

the soldering is old.. I literally gave my TV  a couple of (softer type) bangs in the back and the issue went away.. no joke.. I’m 100% serious.. used to crash all the time, couple of bangs later, good as new.. try it.. nothing to loose .. you welcome 

Natze1
First Poster
Options

Wow, worked like a charm lol. Thanks for sharing!

0 Likes
Laviniamay
First Poster
Options

We have just brought a Samsung 2023 smart tv and ours does the same. We have had it replaced and it still happening. When I do a reset,it works again but inconvenient as I have to log on again to every app. Why would it keep doing this?

0 Likes