Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv just stops working / won’t switch on

(Topic created on: 29-01-2023 08:23 AM)
Glasgow77
First Poster
Options

Hi. I’m wondering if anyone has perhaps suffered the same problem as I and if they worked out why this happened

i have a 65” Smart tv for the living and in the last 2 months. On 3 separate occasions the tv has stopped working. The red light sensor for the remote has vanished and it won’t switch on. I unplugged it, took the wire out the back and checked the socket etc and after a few hours, the red sensor just reappeared 

the 2nd time this happened I repeated the actions above only the tv didn’t respond to reset of plugs etc and 12 hours later, my dad(tv engineer by trade) took the tv away and plugged it in at his home and it worked instantly 

it’s been working fine for the past 3 weeks, no problems and once again it’s struck. 

has anyone had this intermittent problem themselves and can they offer any advice? 

the sensor is working fine when my dad opened the tv to check and the plug, socket etc is all in working order 

safe to say it’s driving me insane and any advice, solutions or explanation as to why this happens. I’d be really appreciative. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
What model is your tv
G G
0 Likes
Glasgow77
First Poster
Options

UE65TU7000