Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV hijacks right control stick to change volume when in Steam Link app/game since the latest update

(Topic created on: 09-12-2022 12:22 AM)
simonj2
Apprentice
Options

See this Reddit post for more information. When using any of:

- Wired Xbox controller

- Wireless Xbox controller

Logitech F710 controller

With Steam Link on several Samsung TV models (QN65QN85DAFXZA,qe55qn90a), the right control stick now adjusts volume in the app and in-game. This makes Steam Link unplayable for people as the right control stick can't be used without making the TV hit 0 or 100% volume.

It looks like this may be related to the 2111 release, as this was working previously and many users are reporting the same problem now. This originally seemed to be a problem with Steam, but now we realize it may be a problem with Samsung's new software.

PLEASE LIKE AND REPLY TO THIS US FORUM THREAD TOO: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/QLED-and-The-Frame/TV-hijacks-right-control-stick-to-change-volu... 

Samsung US can't read the European forum apparently :facepalm:

130 REPLIES 130
kiichin
Apprentice
Options

It is insane how long we got without an official response. This app was a big reason why I bought a Samsung TV, but seeing it falling into disrepair is just sad. Awful move (or lack thereof) on Samsung.

andreffm23
Apprentice
Options

According to the us appstore, the app got another update today 

https://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/app.do?appId=G17053009166&nrtv_cid=5fe0a46f7ffbebacf6aada3b02d54... 

But still not on my German tv. I found out how to change the AppStore but you have to reset the tv to factory default (which I don't want).

Is here nobody from the us who could check if the app is available within tv AppStore and if it fix the problem?

Beside that, the developer if the app is a Chinese company https://handstudio.net/ 

And this is their support email address service@mhand.net

Maybe I ask them about the status

simonj2
Apprentice
Options

I'm in the US, the app doesn't update for me (still shows Nov 2021 release), even if I go to apps > settings > update all (none available to update). Maybe they're doing a slow rollout?

raiden1
First Poster
Options

I'd like to add heat to this. Same issue for me since December and I've luckily kept my steam deck so using that now. 🙄

DannyB2
Apprentice
Options

Same problem for me... the volume changing through the stick is really annoying, but the app stopping whenever I hold B is the real dealbreaker here.

Halvzie
Apprentice
Options

I'm in the US - Haven't gotten the update yet - here's hoping it rolls out to me soon, will report back!

RichW22
Journeyman
Options

I literally just got a push notification on my phone encouraging me to stream Xbox Game Pass games on my 2021 Samsung TV; which you can't play with a controller. Do we have grounds for a class action lawsuit?

0 Likes
JC1989
First Poster
Options

A big reason why I went with Samsung for my TV (besides having a Samsung phone and watch), was this TV was well reviewed for gaming due to it's general specs AND the Steam Link app. I used to Stream all the time without issue, but moved house and my TV was in storage for a few months, got it out and connected to find this issue (I didn't even notice the TV doing any updates?). 

My TV model is Samsung 2021 50 inch AU9000 and I'm in the UK

Oddly, I checked my TV and the SteamLink app hadn't updated for some time. Updated: 24/11/2021. Latest version: 1.9.64(1.9.64 installed)

dikasterion
Apprentice
Options

I thought there's a new update but what I found is this..

the appstore page has an error that shows the date of latest update is today. so if you check the page, it shows today's date again. every other apps shows the same.

so steamlink app has never been updated since 2021...

what a lame webpage....

NLaszlo04113
Journeyman
Options

Please everyone, call the samsung support and report the 2111 update, they have no idea about the problem because nobody is reading this thread but us.

0 Likes