Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV hijacks right control stick to change volume when in Steam Link app/game since the latest update

(Topic created on: 09-12-2022 12:22 AM)
simonj2
Apprentice
Options

See this Reddit post for more information. When using any of:

- Wired Xbox controller

- Wireless Xbox controller

Logitech F710 controller

With Steam Link on several Samsung TV models (QN65QN85DAFXZA,qe55qn90a), the right control stick now adjusts volume in the app and in-game. This makes Steam Link unplayable for people as the right control stick can't be used without making the TV hit 0 or 100% volume.

It looks like this may be related to the 2111 release, as this was working previously and many users are reporting the same problem now. This originally seemed to be a problem with Steam, but now we realize it may be a problem with Samsung's new software.

PLEASE LIKE AND REPLY TO THIS US FORUM THREAD TOO: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/QLED-and-The-Frame/TV-hijacks-right-control-stick-to-change-volu... 

Samsung US can't read the European forum apparently :facepalm:

130 REPLIES 130
Halvzie
Apprentice
Options

Hell yeah man. Gabe himself will probably grace us with his presence here, hopefully.

RichW22
Journeyman
Options

Great update. Thanks for sharing. Does Steam support see this as a Steam issue? It feels like this is a Samsung issue.

NLaszlo04113
Journeyman
Options

It's definitely a TV problem, but since samsung doesn't really care about it, I figured I can ask Gaben's boys if they can do something about it.:) Let's hope they will.

DPalouG
First Poster
Options

Same problem here, ruined my Christmas holidays plan of enjoying steam link... if there was just an option in Samsung TV to Lock volume that hide the volume HUD this wouldn't be a problem

alex3345
First Poster
Options

btw you can plug some random mouse or keyboard or wireless receiver into TV instead of controller for steam link app to work and start, after that connect to your PC using remote from tv

now you in steam remote play, just plug in your controller into PC and you can play

obliviously it will work only if your controller wire long enough or wireless and signal can reach place where you will play from

Dazzaw
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same issue with an Xbox controller plugged into the USB port on the back of my QN90A. It changes volume with the right analog stick. It’s defiantly an Samsung issue as it does it without any apps being loaded. Happened since the last update. I’m lucky I have a hardware Steam link so I’m using that for now to bypass the issue.

Dazzaw
Apprentice
Options

Also, noticed the Xbox button opens the Samsung Home Screen menu too

andreffm23
Apprentice
Options

Just have the same issue, thought it was my steam session, took me a while to realize this. After the hijack the controller ist unusable also for other apps, till you turn off/on television and controller. Test new releases of an app is key samsung!

Alexa Alexandra
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, ruining Xmas. Have any of you found a solution to it? 

NLaszlo04113
Journeyman
Options

Just waiting for the 2111.+ update, they might fix it. It's clear that samsung doesn't care.

In case you can move your rig closer to the TV, use an HDMI cable and connect your controllers directly to the computer. Otherwise, no solution.