Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV hijacks right control stick to change volume when in Steam Link app/game since the latest update

(Topic created on: 03-01-2023 09:24 AM)
simonj2
Apprentice
Options

See this Reddit post for more information. When using any of:

- Wired Xbox controller

- Wireless Xbox controller

Logitech F710 controller

With Steam Link on several Samsung TV models (QN65QN85DAFXZA,qe55qn90a), the right control stick now adjusts volume in the app and in-game. This makes Steam Link unplayable for people as the right control stick can't be used without making the TV hit 0 or 100% volume.

It looks like this may be related to the 2111 release, as this was working previously and many users are reporting the same problem now. This originally seemed to be a problem with Steam, but now we realize it may be a problem with Samsung's new software.

PLEASE LIKE AND REPLY TO THIS US FORUM THREAD TOO: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/QLED-and-The-Frame/TV-hijacks-right-control-stick-to-change-volu... 

Samsung US can't read the European forum apparently :facepalm:

130 REPLIES 130
DCMotion
Apprentice
Options

Just discovered the same issue. What the H? I disconnected my controller from the TV and connected to my PC bluetooth, that makes steamlink usable for me. But may not be an option for everyone. Pretty weak bug sam.

Blangas
Student
Options

Then longer press of button A turns off the steam app...

Blangas
Student
Options

Long press of B (or other case A) turns off the app, xbox/home button turn on Steam overlay AND Samsung home screen, right stick up/down controls in game movement AND tv volume.

It is not the first nonsensical behaviour from Samsung TV with it's stupid OS. I am looking to replace my TV and never look back at Samsung TVs again.

Mrjohn01
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue with my Xbox 360 controllers using the USB dongle. All 4 controllers right stick controls the volume. We need a fix or a instructions to rollback the update!

BenBentz
Journeyman
Options

Having the Same Issue. WT*...

BenBentz
Journeyman
Options

Here a Copy Paste Text to contact the Support:

Good day,
Since the December 1 Tizen update, the app actively promoted by Samsung no longer works:
https://www.samsung.com/my/tvs/smart-tv/steam-link/

Since a month you did nothing, although the problem has been pointed out to you several times and it is the same for all customers:
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/tv-hijacks-right-control-stick-to-change-volume-when-in-steam...

You reject the responsibility, although you advertise the function. Please open a case and escalate the problem. My product does not work as advertised.

NestorBR
Apprentice
Options

It's not only the right analog stick, but the B button also - if held for a couple of seconds - leaves the game and returns the TV to the main menu. This makes playing some games impossible.

dikasterion
Apprentice
Options

RichW22
Journeyman
Options

I just tested again on the 2111 and it's still doing the same thing. 

andreffm23
Apprentice
Options

Also tested. The Version that i get to install is still the old one version 1.9.64 from 2021.

I even uninstalled this version and reinstalled.

I don't know how Samsung is rolling out new apps. Maybe they are only on an specific app store (i am in Germany)?

Tv firmware is  2111