Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV hijacks right control stick to change volume when in Steam Link app/game since the latest update

(Topic created on: 09-12-2022 12:22 AM)
simonj2
Apprentice
Options

See this Reddit post for more information. When using any of:

- Wired Xbox controller

- Wireless Xbox controller

Logitech F710 controller

With Steam Link on several Samsung TV models (QN65QN85DAFXZA,qe55qn90a), the right control stick now adjusts volume in the app and in-game. This makes Steam Link unplayable for people as the right control stick can't be used without making the TV hit 0 or 100% volume.

It looks like this may be related to the 2111 release, as this was working previously and many users are reporting the same problem now. This originally seemed to be a problem with Steam, but now we realize it may be a problem with Samsung's new software.

PLEASE LIKE AND REPLY TO THIS US FORUM THREAD TOO: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/QLED-and-The-Frame/TV-hijacks-right-control-stick-to-change-volu... 

Samsung US can't read the European forum apparently :facepalm:

130 REPLIES 130
Weeksy
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue with Dualsense & DS4 controllers. Right stick plays havoc with the audio post the 2111 update.

Paul166
First Poster
Options

I've also been having this issue since the update, with both wired and wireless Xbox controllers. The right joystick controls the volume at all times, not just when I'm using SteamLink. 

Alex Z
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my Xbox One controller, the right joystick keeps controlling volume while also passing through other commands

TheGoodGeek
First Poster
Options

Any way to revert the update? Steam Link is now unplayable.

nickc122
Apprentice
Options

This is definitely a TV level problem as it happens across all apps, not just Steam Link though that's where I noticed it. Both my official DS4 controller and a third party one that worked until the update now wreak havoc with the volume (though with different buttons, weirdly). All evidence on my end points to an issue with the 2111 software update, not an app or controller.

Abby bird
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, this drives me crazy this needs to get fixed soon!

Tiffani
Student
Options

I am having this same issue with an Xbox controller. It worked fine for me yesterday but today the right thumbstick is controlling the volume, and is making any games unplayable. I noticed it while trying to play a game through steam link, but even with steam closed the controller is changing the volume. 

RichW22
Journeyman
Options

Just piling on to agree with all of this. Right stick of an Xbox controller manipulates the volume. So any game you play on Steam Link or the Xbox app that uses the right stick will yo-yo the volume around while you play. 

Super cool! 

Halvzie
Apprentice
Options

Had this issue crop up for us on saturday as well. We had two controllers connected and both were game controllers and volume/tv controllers haha. Hoping they fix soon, we've been playing with steam link for months.