Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV HDR Compatibility

(Topic created on: 13-07-2017 09:35 PM)
MasterMcIntosh
First Poster
Options

I was wondering if you could help me. I have a Samsung PS60F5500AKXXU Smart TV and have been using the record to USB feature for a few years now on a Samsung M3 2TB Portable Hard Drive. However, I am now running out of space and would like to transfer my 2TB recordings to a larger hard drive. Would this be possible? 

Firstly, can my TV support a hard drive more than 2TB? 

If so, I have a 4TB Seagate Backup Plus Fast drive handy... would this be compatible? 

Furthermore, I’ve already tried plugging the existing 2TB hard drive into my Mac but nothing came up… is this something to do with the XFS formatting of the drive? Would the drive be readable if I were to create a virtual Linux machine using Parallels? If it is readable by a Linux virtual machine, could I plug both XFS formatted drives in and simply transfer the files from my 2TB to 4TB drive to then simply plug back into my TV to start playing all my original 2TB content with space for more recordings to come?

I thought I would ask first as my files are very important to me and wouldnt want to lose my recordings. Hopefully we can reach a solution.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @MasterMcIntosh,

I've copied a snippet from the User Manual which you may find helpful here. The recordings are DRM-protected which means it will not be possible to transfer them to another drive or PC/Mac. In relation to the drive capacity, the TV may not be able to recognise a drive that is larger than 2TB. 

precautions.PNG

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1
Solution
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @MasterMcIntosh,

I've copied a snippet from the User Manual which you may find helpful here. The recordings are DRM-protected which means it will not be possible to transfer them to another drive or PC/Mac. In relation to the drive capacity, the TV may not be able to recognise a drive that is larger than 2TB. 

precautions.PNG