Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV has disappeared from cast on phone

(Topic created on: 17-08-2021 10:36 PM)
SteWright81
Apprentice
Options
Hi

I have a Samsung q65t 50 TV. When I bought it a few months ago I was able to click on the cast button on YouTube, netflix and amazon prime apps on my phone. The TV would appear in the list of options to cast to. Now for some reason only my chrome cast and my other phillips TV appear as options. I don't seem to be able to do anything to make it come back. Does anybody have any ideas?
Cheers 
Ste
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
I had that with my latest Samsung T.V recently, I deleted it from the Samsung Smart things app on the T.V and then added it again ... seemed to cure the problem. Make sure your T.V hasn't lost it's WiFi connection also.
SteWright81
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Kev55 I'll try that when I get home. Defo got WiFi to it as the chromcast is working and the streaming apps on the TV.
gbeijer
Apprentice
Options

Hi, Could you tell what steps to take to do this?
I have the same problem as well. 😕

0 Likes
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
Have you got your T.V added to the Smartthings app?
0 Likes
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
Also I think the mode is now called Smart view Mirror Screen, you can access it when you swipe down from the top on your phone
0 Likes
gbeijer
Apprentice
Options

Yes it is added. And I am able to mirror my screen. But when I press the screencast button in an app like Netflix or Amazon prime. The TV isn't in the list of devices to cast on.

My Nest Hub, and Chromecast for my other (old) tv do show up. 

0 Likes
Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
O.k yes just tried to cast mine from Amazon Prime and it didn't find the T.V either, to fix it you have to actually open the Amazon Prime app on the T.V then when you cast it finds the T.V straight away 👍🏼
0 Likes
gbeijer
Apprentice
Options

But I never had to do that before. Good to know I can make it work like this, but this is a bad UX to me. All other devices know how to boot the app and show up in the list why can't the TV 😅

Thanks for the help, I think I'll be reaching out to the customer service as well :smiling-face:

Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
Totally agree, if your opening the app on the TV then you may as well just play the content straight from there