Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV has 2 dark shadows after cleaning.

(Topic created on: 19-04-2019 07:18 PM)
Slainagain
First Poster
Options

I have just turned off the tv, to clean the screen, and when the tv was turned back on there are 2 very noticeable dark shadows at the bottom edge of the screen, near the middle. 

These are so noticeable when there is a light background, that it's impossible to ignore them. I enjoy lots of sport, and these shadows make watching any sport particularly annoying.

Does anyone know if there is a possible solution to this, as the tv is no longer under guarantee.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Slainagain 

Are you still having this issue? What's the model code and software version of your TV? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung, or for newer TV's, Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

Are you able to send us a photo?

0 Likes
Slainagain
First Poster
Options

Tv still has the issue, so it seems permanent.

I made sure the latest software update was installed, and did the tests in the TV's options.

Here are some photos, one shows the fault at the bottom of the screen, the other is the model code etc.IMG_20190413_171105.jpgIMG_20190412_133322.jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Slainagain: If the picture test has failed then your TV will need to be looked at by an engineer. With this in mind I recommend getting in touch with Samsung via the link below, where an advisor will be able to assist you further and arrange any necessary repairs. Apologies for any inconvenience this might cause you.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus/
0 Likes