Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV gray strip coming up between display and frame

(Topic created on: 09-08-2022 08:01 PM)
Alexf4
Apprentice
Options

image.jpg

Samsung 65-inch curved gray strip showing near display. The TV is just days past the one year mark  

UN65RU7300FXZA

14 REPLIES 14
JLD79
Student
Options

Mine is a 2021 model and is doing the same thing on the right side of the tv

EM_Age
Explorer
Options

Same issue here on RU7179. Never seen that on other TVs I had and have. SAMSUNG, please how to fix this ?

image0.jpeg

EM_Age
Explorer
Options

After speaking with the Live-Support I got a date for an engineer. He came out today and changed the bezel with display. TV looks as new.

Many thanks to the great SAMSUNG support !

nikosmpd
Apprentice
Options

My q95t does have that too. How did you fix this? Is it gonna cause any damage? Light leaks through frame

0 Likes
Custom AV Systems
First Poster
Options

33C71387-E5C7-4DEE-AB82-915AF5EF9D54.jpegHere’s a pic of a clients TV.  They spent over 5K in Dec. 2020.  85” q900ts
Yesterday after returning home from a 2 week vacation they found this 
36” long 1/4” wide bubble in the center of the screen.  
To no avail we tried to get help from Samsung.   They recommended to him to buy a new TV.  How terrible.  I am going to try to remove the anti glare screen tomorrow.  
Wish us Good Luck.   It’s not enjoyable to watch since it is quite visible With the set on.  I’ve been doing custom home theaters for 30 years.  Started with Fujitsu Plasmas and as the decades rolled on ended up with Samsung. We have sold hundreds of Samsungs at this point in time.   I can’t endorse them anymore.  
This certainly seems to be a manufacturer  defect and I am sorry for the rest of you that suffer with this anomaly.   They don’t want to help at all and feel it’s OK to sell their most premium sets with this unacceptable defect.  What caused this?   No one knows.   Maybe it was heat in the room.  The ductless AC unit was off for a couple of weeks. 
I do live in the North East, so what happens to those in the Southern areas where the heat is even more extreme.    THANK YOU SAMSUNG. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.   I will no longer endorse your sets.  How many more will do this?  
Guess it’s going to be Sonys and LGs.   🤔