Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV got hot enough to burn my 5 year old son - White glow in corner with black spot (VERY HOT) and lines all across the screen

(Topic created on: 12-09-2017 06:34 PM)
Keith2065
First Poster
Options

So last night my TV developed a white glow from the bottom left corner and a black spot.  When my 5 year old went up to investigate and touched the corner where the spot is he cried because it was so hot!

I switched the TV while dealing with him, who thankfully doesn't appear to be damaged, just had a scare from the shock of how hot it was.  When I've turned the TV back on, initially the glow and lines were still there, but it wasn't hot to the touch and the black spot wasn't there.  But after a few seconds the black spot was back and I watched it as it grew larger and larger.  The corner was REALLY hot after less than a minute, before I turned it off again.  I'm too scared to turn it back on.  I honestly think if I left it on it would catch fire.

What should I do?  The TV is nearly four years old, so out of warranty, but surely this kind of fault is something Samsung should A, know about and B, do something about.  It's a serious risk.  What if I hadn’t been there.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
MasukaH
Voyager
Options
Hi Keith,
We'd like to get this looked into right away. Can you send us a private message so we can get this looked into as soon as possible? We take these matters very seriously and will do the best we can to assist you in this situation, can you message us with the following details please? We'll just need your title, full name, full address with postcode, contact number, email address, model code of the TV and serial number. We'd also like your preferred time and method of contact. Thank you.