Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV forgets HDMI input

(Topic created on: 06-05-2022 08:10 PM)
Spudular
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have a QE49Q60R tv. I have a number of devices connected to it (Sky, fire stick, apple tv).

The tv keeps forgetting the source on hdmi1 (SKY+) so I have to manually set it up every couple of days, but its fine on the other inputs. I've swapped the sky box to another input and it still happens. Is there a way of telling the tv to remember its source?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Roki76
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem. Can only put it down to bad programming - the source should be stored regardless of any power coming in the hdmi.  Happens with my Virgin TiVo and Nintendo Switch if they go into standby for too long.  

There should be an option to save the source after setting up, or make this the default until you decide to change it, which really isn’t often for most people.

Love the tv but this is a constant frustration.

0 Likes
Members_gkO3fvX
Student
Options

Yup same here with a laptop literally every time I replug, restart, sleep etc etc etc. Absolutely mind boggling. Especially since there is no input button on Samsung remotes anymore and they over engineered and It's over complicated it with a solution that doesn't even work. Everyone at Samsung must use LG TVs :').

Members_mvlf7Ou
First Poster
Options

Same here. 

Really annoying! Come on Samsung! Fix it! Firmware update.. Done!

It's 2023! 

ForrestM
First Poster
Options

This is an issue for me too, and it wasn't always this way.  It is easy to reproduce:

1) attach a device via hdmi, go to Source and hover over the "unknown" source

2) tap the up arrow to add to home screen

3) disconnect the device (home screen icon for it will disappear)

4) reconnect the hdmi cable

5) "Detecting device" screen will appear for ~30 second (eventually this will time out)

6) Select "Later" when prompted to set up the smart remote

7) Select "Cancel" if prompted to set up RF Remote

Just a guess:  1) when a device is physically disconnected, someone decided the device should automatically be removed/deleted from the homescreen; 2) there is a weird race condition where the smart remote and/or auto device detect feature has to perform its function *everytime* you connect something via HDMI.  

Something like this would easily be missed by functional testers, but this is not a crazy edge case.  People like to connect & disconnect HDMI devices frequently (eg laptops, or other media players/output sources).  

At least this aggressive auto detection / auto deletion should be toggleable in the menu somewhere under Devices.

0 Likes
DCLXVI
First Poster
Options

exact same issue on my recently-purchased QN50Q60CAFXZC Smart TV... come on, Samsung, do better!

0 Likes