Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv flickering (model UE50NU7470)

(Topic created on: 26-05-2022 08:56 PM)
Wowens1
First Poster
Options

My TV (4 years old) has started flickering constantly, regardless of input (even with no input this still happens). Is there anything I can do to fix this? I've looked online but there's nothing helpful available.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Wowens1 check you have the latest firmware on the Samsung support site,if not can be downloaded to USB.  Try  the following settings,  Home -Settings > General- Power and Energy Saving, advisable to disable Brightness Optimisation, Brightness Reduction and Motion Lighting.   applicable.  If all fine or still issue  there Can you check all cables and connections to ensure everything is secure. If so press and hold in Power Button for 5 seconds or so to reboot until you see the Samsung logo. If does not solve the issue unplug at mains for around 5 minutes, you could also try a Factory Reset. If still flicker  after  troubleshooting do a Picture Test, Settings-support_ Self Diagnosis- Picture Test.

If tests fail you will need to get in touch with Samsung Support for Advice

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
hellnick
Student
Options

The same thing happened to my 7470 about two weeks ago. Nothing I tried resolved the issue, so I bought a very reasonably priced OLED.  The remote isn't as good but the display and app support are much better.

0 Likes