Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV firmware update Change Logs

(Topic created on: 05-10-2022 08:07 AM)
Le_Chuck
Journeyman
Options

My tv just updated to update 1330.5

where can I read the details this update brings?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Le_Chuck  You can keep an eye on the German link, I also post the information on the uk site here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/tv-firmware-changelogs-on-german-community/m-p/1846870#M44087 , will update once information available.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Gianfrynco
Voyager
Options

Buongiorno, aggiornato adesso alla versione 2401 il mio 65" 8K 850TS, si può conoscere quale migliorie sono state apportate?

Grazie

Members_ykDG86H
Apprentice
Options

Hi @JAMES4578 can you update this change log with the newest firmware versions 🙂 ?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Is there a particular firmware you are looking for?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Options

Hello @JAMES4578  can you please provide me with the complete firmware changelog for  a 2021 UN70TU6985FXZA tv? I thank you for your time and assistance.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Kn0wL3dg3 533k3R  which firmware do you have,  UN indicates that is a US/Canada model   (though just seen this variation on the Canadian site).  There will not be a direct equivalent with the European models.  I do not have access to  North American changelogs.  

However the last changelog for European 2021 models  (2141.2) was:

• Fixed the blue screen when starting up the device for the first time
  • Adjustments to the Google Assistant app
  • Fixed audio dropouts on live TV (DVB-T) in connection with the HbbTV app
  • Security has been improved

Options

@JAMES4578  Thank you. Although not a direct equivalent, it wasn't too far off (2141) I have the current one. I was looking for a list of them all. I purchased it in 12/2021 but never took it out of the box. I just opened it a couple days ago and stupidly updated it, thinking "it's been about two years, lets get it up to speed." As soon as I did, it started sluggishly lagging for painstaking amounts of time on menu & setting selections, and button presses in general. As well as removed the coveted setting "Allow Unknown Sources."  When I started digging into rolling my tv back to it's factory firmware, I was introduced to Samsung's seemingly dishonest practices about their firmware updates, (planned obsolescence) as well as their company's stance to double-down and refuse to allow users to flash the firmware back to a previous update, going so far as to not even display on their website what the last few updates were. My tv's only been in use for less than three days. So I was looking for what the factory firmware was, as this was what my tv was using since I hadn't activated it for two yrs. I stupidly didn't take note of it when I updated it. (Didn't think I had to) I don't know exactly what I will do with this info, since I would still technically need it to be a link to download it, but I'm still searching. There's no way I should have to deal with this only after three days. I deeply appreciate your help and any advice you can provide regarding this matter.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
The Tv's tend to leave out the decimal places. Sometimes a good idea to Factory Reset after updates. If does not make a difference try holding in Power button on remote for around 5 seconds until it reboots or disconnect from mains for say 10 minutes.

Some updates are more important mind you and Samsung do address certain issues.