Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv emanating horrible smell.

(Topic created on: 21-01-2023 11:05 AM)
Kblondin
First Poster
Options

I just got this tv about a week ago.  It was set up yesterday.  The whole house started to smell horrible. Couldn’t figure out what it was until today when I turned it on again.  It’s nauseating!  I have a much smaller Samsung tv that does not stink up the whole house like this.  What is going on? Something burning?  Causing a putrid gas?  Need help or a new tv.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would take it back to where you brought it
0 Likes
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Yes return it please. If any components are burning inside the tv they could cause a fire
0 Likes
paulmlaforge
Apprentice
Options
Stop using it before you have a fire. It sounds like a electrical circuit fault, causing a short. Take it back to the place you brought it. If they won't replace it or refund you. Remind them it's against the law to sell dangerous unsafe goods. So if they do not sort it you with report it to Trading Standards. Who could force them to close until every electrical item they have in stock has been safety tested by them. They won't want all the trouble and potential fines.
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

As you did get this TV a week ago, I'd definitely recommend taking this back to the store you purchased it from. If they are not able to help, please do send @Sam_UK a DM or contact Samsung via their social media pages, so this can be looked into!