Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV disconnected from WiFi

(Topic created on: 13-07-2021 12:39 PM)
NJ270112
First Poster
Options

Hi looking for some help smart TV worked perfectly from Feb out of the blue disconnected from WiFi . WiFi works perfectly as all other devices are working fine ,have tried to reset via remote , changed IP still doesnt work . Any thoughts would be great 

8 REPLIES 8
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @NJ270112  Firstly just checking that you have the latest firmware.  Could try  a factory reset , switching off Tv for a minute and rebooting router.  Sometimes  changing wifi channels ,splitting the  2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies can help  https://support.smarter.am/hc/en-us/articles/360001210959-Why-do-I-need-to-split-my-wifi-network- Another idea is to change the DNS settings.   Go to  Network-Network Settings-DNS Settings.   Change from Automatic to   to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.  (the google servers)   If need to do that and does not work other alternatives here https://www.lifewire.com/free-and-public-dns-servers-2626062  However  for members with these issues if troubleshooting fails possibility a problem with the wifi Board.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
ren41
Explorer
Options

I had this issue 10 days ago. All other devices were connected successfully to wifi. Following on-screen advice, I held the power button on the remote for at least 3 seconds; when the TV came back on, there was no picture. I restarted it several times but the issue didn't resolve. When I switched off the power at the socket and switched back on, all issues were resolved. I have a Q95t, which has a control box - switching off the TV does not switch off the control box, it's easy to forget this. 

ChBa
First Poster
Options

Yeeaah, no. You're wrong. That has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you have multiple devices connected that are using the internet through your router but the TV is dropping the network, then it's the TV causing the problem and not the network. Especially when you're connecting to a home network and the TV is dropping the connection to your "home" wireless router.

If you can't connect to even your home network then how is changing to a different DNS server supposed to help anything? Stop wasting the time of people, who don't know enough about electronics to know you don't have a clue about what you're saying, and actually answer the question asked.

I've looked at multiple questions about this problem and I've seen you've given the same, or similar, answers on those that you've answered. The question asked was why the TV disconnected from the "Wi-Fi" NOT the "internet". Two completely different things. Or maybe you're just trying to advertise for those websites you've posted in your replies.

If you know about electronics, you know that you have to be able to connect to your home Wi-Fi before you can connect to a DNS server. So telling them to change DNS servers is just a waste of their time, trying to do what you say, just to have it not work.

How in the world would a DNS server be the cause of the TV not connecting to the person's own home Wi-Fi? You can connect to your home Wi-Fi without needing to even be connected to the internet.

In my case, at first, I thought I might have too many connected devices on my router. But, I dropped the 6 down to 4, including keeping the LAN connected one as one of the 4, but it still wouldn't connect. That means it's not the router being overloaded with devices.

I didn't ever have this problem until just this week, after my TV said it finished installing an update. Go figure, another firmware "update" that causes more problems than it solves.

What I've noticed in my situation is that changing the password on my router actually got it to connect. When I try putting in the password without changing it, it won't connect. A couple of days later it dropped it again right in the middle of a movie on Amazon, which I've very rarely had happen with Prime. 

Combine all of these eliminated possible sources and you come up with just the Samsung TV itself as the problem. 

Mr_Big
Apprentice
Options

Same issue 2021, I am a network tech, I have a N4 connection at home, 3 routers Cradlepoint AER2200; Sierra Wireless MG90; Pepwave HD2, all have a separate hardline, with cell sims for backup, and the Samsung tv failed every time, fixed it by introducing the Alexa Cube, now I use the WiFi through the Cube, I am able to stream from my NAS, Netflix, Apple TV without disconnections

0 Likes
Members_K4ec9o6
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Issue is obviously with the TV. The question is (which has not yet been answered satisfactorily) what can be done about it? Does Samsung acknowledge the problem? I spent a lot of money on this “smart@ to, which appears to be anything but a smart move. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
Mr_Big
Apprentice
Options

The conservative answer would be We cannot confirm or deny an issue is present.   Translates to Never buy a Samsung again.  Yes it is the TV

mattyt1123
First Poster
Options

Started having this same issue about two days ago with a TV I bought in November.   TV is constantly dropping WIFI multiple times during a 2-hour movie that's streaming from Netflix or VUDU.  I had a Samsung LED for years and never had this problem so it must be this new batch of TVs.  Samsung needs to get their act together and fix this with an update.  I've put in a service request, but I don't have high expectations they can do anything based on the previous comments here on this board.  What's the point of having a "Smart TV" if the ***** thing can't stay connected?  

0 Likes
pav0
First Poster
Options

I tried to split SSID to network 2.4GHz and 5GHz, set WPA2 on both, set different passwords on both SSIDs and for network 2.4GHz I set encryption to TKIP, not CCMP(AES). Seems to work better, however on some automatic settings was also good for long time.