Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV connected & able to access the internet but cannot connect to Samsung to download Apps

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 12:57 PM)
PDG60
First Poster
Options

Having had issues with the TV turning itself off, since then, it has been glitchy but after completing a re set, the TV will turn on and off and live TV can be watched. However I am unable to add any apps to the smart hub as it says cannot connect to Samsung.

I have spoken to support who say it is my ISP's problem. However my internet is working just fine and a different Samsung smart TV in the next room using the same internet network works fine and can download and access all Apps.

Based on this, I think it's highly unlikely to be an ISP issue.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Frankblr
Apprentice
Options

Might there be a problem in the quality of the connection from your TV to the network? Does settings - general - network - network status say "connected?". If so, then I suggest you try a direct ethernet connection to your router - which might be a pain and involve moving the TV for the test. It will be worth the hassle if the apps load with this set-up though.  Doing this should help establish whether the issue is wifi, ethernet or a broadband issue.  Bear in mind that Samsung networking hardware is somewhat outdated. It could be that if your TV can only connect via wifi at less than 10Mbps, Samsung apps will not load. If the ethernet experiment works, then the cheapest permanent solution is a pair of powerline adapters from Amazon (around £30) and you can put the TV back where you want it.

0 Likes
PDG60
First Poster
Options

Hi, thanks for the reply and suggestion. I completed all these steps and no difference. I also re set the network settings and then re set the TV to factory settings. Ultimately, the Samsung live chat help, ran out of ideas so I sent the TV in under guarantee for repair resulting in a new motherboard being diagnosed as needed. I get the TV back today so hopefully all sorted.

I had a feeling that the wifi or internet connection weren't  the issue as a similar Samsung TV in a different room connected via wifi had no issues at all.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
djbeatbreaker
First Poster
Options
0 Likes