Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Burnt

(Topic created on: 01-03-2021 02:38 PM)
jisa88
First Poster
Options

I was working on my computer while my Samsung TV was on as a background as i like to work, however i started smelling like there was as a smell of burning in the room, and ignored it for a bit, but then it got much worse, until i looked back and saw the screen was while hues and with a black and red sports in the lower corner where the switch button is, i ran to the tv and it was so hot and the area where the black spot is was so hot and the plastic was melting and i had to unplug the whole tv off.

The question is, what would happen if this thing happened while i was asleep ? as some people tend to sleep only while watching tv . the screen is 2014, however i still think this is a very serious and hazardous issue.

Is there a reason why a screen can burn itself and probably would have burnt the house ? knowing that i live in Dubai where the electricity is stable and it is not that kind of issues. thanks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @jisa88, sorry to hear this, we take such cases very seriously. Have you reached out to our colleagues in UAE, so this can be escalated and inspected by an engineer? You can reach them here: https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/contact/#contactinfo

0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
usually the go to explanation is faulty electric.

this means from wall to TV both.

I had a faulty wall socket that caused my TV to burn out, but have also experienced a motherboard on a 7 series spontaneously combusting.

safest way is to of course ensure you have a ground connection on your wall socket but also the extenders you might be using.

my advice? turn that socket off at night time. that's what I do now.

glad to hear you are safe 🙏 it could have been a horrifying other scenario.

edit. I see mods beat me to it, but yes, contacting samsung and having it inspected is a good idea
0 Likes