Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Apps

(Topic created on: 06-11-2022 11:46 AM)
Members_F3fpvE4
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Samsung are usually one of the best to get apps on their TVs, however, a few that are new or existing are not available, can Samsung see about getting these added? Who would I direct it to? (UK)

Apps:

- CBS UK Catchup / Legend

- Viaplay

- PBS America

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Members_F3fpvE4: Support and availability of third party applications on our TVs is down to the developer themselves and, in some instances, this can be regionally specific. Have you tried reaching out to the developers themselves to see if the apps are available to UK Samsung Smart TV owners? 

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Members_F3fpvE4: Support and availability of third party applications on our TVs is down to the developer themselves and, in some instances, this can be regionally specific. Have you tried reaching out to the developers themselves to see if the apps are available to UK Samsung Smart TV owners? 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

PBS America is available on  Samsung Tv Plus (4246) in addition to Freeview, Sky and Virgin.    https://www.pbsamerica.co.uk/about/ 

Tv Plus channels https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/smart-tv/samsung-tv-plus/all-channels/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0adbylad1
First Poster
Options

Good morning Andrew i purchased a new Samsung smart tv in December last year (my 3rd)i was unable to set it all up until recently due to relocation, my question is why cant i install apps that i want on my tv? i could on my old samsungs but this tizen os is very restrictive and i want to know why? after all its my TV and please dont give me the "its down to the 3rd part" as there are loads of readily available apps out there 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @0adbylad1 , AndrewL is correct.

Unpacking a little more of what lies behind that "Support and availability of third party applications on our TVs is down to the developer themselves" to share some insight: The situation isn't a matter of simply installing apps as per desire. Apps need to be built for specific models/OS platforms. The decision making behind why an app developer would or wouldn’t in a particular case has a variety of factors, ranging from market demand through to technical considerations (i.e. whether an OS platform or hardware is capable of delivering the best end-user experience for that app).

0 Likes
GoodTime24
First Poster
Options

Ad

0 Likes
DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

so it seems this is ANOTHER failing in Samsung TVs, no bluetooth, no headphone socket, intermittant network connectivity.

They are really the pits, wish I'd not bothered with buying my  UE32T4307, the old Goodmans ran circles around the Samsung

0 Likes
Bogarka1
First Poster
Options

No Direct One app? The search engine does not find it.

0 Likes