Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV 7 SERIES UE55TU7172UXXH

(Topic created on: 12-08-2020 04:33 PM)
MajorRay
Student
Options

Hi guys

i just bought the tv on the internet.  Set it up but the satellite antenna tuning only has country choices for Belgium, Nederlands and Luxembourg.

there is no choice for any other country so how do I tune it into the uk free view tv?
any help appreciated because I can’t find anything online

cheers

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
obitv
Pathfinder
Options
1st option is to just choose any country and tune the tv. the tuning would happen but the channel would not be in UK channel list order

2nd option needs take care doing, is to buy a samsung service remote like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392812531613

To use it turn tv on and press the following remote buttons one after the other Source, Info, factory and Menu

A small service menu would appear on top left. if it doesn't appear then repeat the sequence above again.

press ok on options
move down to Local set and press ok
select EU_UK and press ok
press menu to go back or if it goes back itself then select factory reset and press ok about 4x.

Tv should turn off and when you turn it back on the tv would reset and allow you to choose UK settings

PLEASE TRY NOT TO CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE ON THE SERVICE MENU SETTINGS

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @MajorRay ,

that may indicate that the TV has been created to be used in these areas/ Have you tried to reach the seller/retailer to find more about this? 

0 Likes
Solution
obitv
Pathfinder
Options
1st option is to just choose any country and tune the tv. the tuning would happen but the channel would not be in UK channel list order

2nd option needs take care doing, is to buy a samsung service remote like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392812531613

To use it turn tv on and press the following remote buttons one after the other Source, Info, factory and Menu

A small service menu would appear on top left. if it doesn't appear then repeat the sequence above again.

press ok on options
move down to Local set and press ok
select EU_UK and press ok
press menu to go back or if it goes back itself then select factory reset and press ok about 4x.

Tv should turn off and when you turn it back on the tv would reset and allow you to choose UK settings

PLEASE TRY NOT TO CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE ON THE SERVICE MENU SETTINGS
MajorRay
Student
Options

Thanks I’ve ordered the remote.  It’s ridiculous that TVs are sold by regions in this ridiculous EU system, people move for work, what are the EU trying to do make you buy a new tv every time you move ?

appreciate the help I’ll update you once the new remote arrives

0 Likes
MajorRay
Student
Options

Perfect just as your instructions, remote arrived today and reprogrammed in 5 minutes 

you are a star

0 Likes