Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn on TV by Google Home voice command - SupportsPowerOnByOcf

(Topic created on: 18-10-2020 08:20 PM)
DanielWent
First Poster
Options

Hello. I purchased a new 48 inch 2020 model Samsung TV late last week (UE43TU8507UXXU) and connected it to my Google Home via Smartthings. To begin with, it appeared that I could turn on the TV with a voice command to my Google Nest Mini smart speaker just fine however this seems to stop working this morning. I can still turn the TV off via voice command as well as change sources and channels but whenever I try and turn the TV on via a voice command I am told that the TV is unavailable. I must now manually turn the TV on with the remote control or via the Smartthings app in my tablet.

This change in behaviour appeared to coincide with me simultaneously unplugging my TV and router (to tidy the plugs up a bit) and plugging them back in again. However I have also noticed that at around this time I have an item in my Smartthings app history saying "SupportsPowerOnByOcf of TV is false" when it was definitely set as true when the TV was first set up on Friday. I am guessing this is probably the cause of the problem but I have no idea how to change the setting back to true.

Does anyone know how?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
peterborough33
Student
Options
ring Samsung or Google
0 Likes